Unpopular Opinion

I don't think you should stay in the right lane except to pass. If someone comes up behind me I'll get over so they can go by, but I'm usually going a little bit faster than the cars around me so what's it matter if I camp in the left lane for a while.

Anything Muppets or Jim Henson related is creepy and I won't watch it.

Audrey Hepburn > Katherine Hepburn

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:35 PM, Moiraine said:

Why is everyone talking about food?! Let's get controversial.

I don't really like Eric Martin. He was a bully.

:snacks:

We probably have a whole thread on players that we liked or disliked contrary to popular opinion, but I would like more posts like this. I always finding it interesting when people go against the grain on player opinion....

That being said I was really glad when Carlos Polk graduated. I just thought he was too slow and I never understood the praise for him.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is gonna get me roasted, but oh well.  That's what this thread is for.

Professional Wrestling is the male version of a soap opera, but with less-believable story lines. 

Yup, it sure is.  Except wrestlers actually have talent unlike soap actors and "reality" stars.

Edited by Redux

Just now, Redux said:

Except wrestlers actually have talent unlike soap actors and "reality" stars.

Absolutely agree. They're great athletes and even though some of the hits are fake, there's a lot of crazy athleticism involved. Some of the moves they do make me cringe because you KNOW they're going to break their spine or femur or something... but nope.  They get up & wrestle for another five minutes. 

I'm amazed they do that stuff on such short turnaround, too.  Maybe they're such good actors they don't really take much of a beating, but they have to be sore after some of those matches, and then boom! three days later they're in another ring in another town doing it again.  It's impressive even if it is fake drama.

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This is gonna get me roasted, but oh well.  That's what this thread is for.

Professional Wrestling is the male version of a soap opera, but with less-believable story lines. 

EDIT: beat me to the punch. 

Edited by Cdog923
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Absolutely agree. They're great athletes and even though some of the hits are fake, there's a lot of crazy athleticism involved. Some of the moves they do make me cringe because you KNOW they're going to break their spine or femur or something... but nope.  They get up & wrestle for another five minutes. 

I'm amazed they do that stuff on such short turnaround, too.  Maybe they're such good actors they don't really take much of a beating, but they have to be sore after some of those matches, and then boom! three days later they're in another ring in another town doing it again.  It's impressive even if it is fake drama.

Most wrestlers perform 3-5 days a week.  It's the reason so many die young and of drug related causes, the body isn't meant to handle the abuse they endure.  Coincidentally, they typically make great actors because they are used to doing everything in one take.

Edited by Redux
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

This originally said "And?" and this is my reply:

nBwDGYe.jpg

Yea, your explanation in your next post superseded my snark. 

Your image is blocked, so I'm going to assume it's either a giant thumbs up, or Kate Upton dancing on a beach. 

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

Most wrestlers perform 3-5 days a week.  It's the reason so many die young and of drug related causes, the body isn't meant to handle the abuse they endure.  Coincidentally, they typically make great actors because they are used to doing everything in one take.

Like in films and TV?