Unpopular Opinion

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

Tomatoes suck

My daughter hates them (and ketchup) also. I think there must something genetic or whatever built in to people that causes them to either love or hate tomatoes. Seems to be more of a texture thing than anything. 

Of course it's only the weird ones that hate them .....:P

Making Chimichanga Quote:  

Bacon is disgusting.

18 minutes ago, Redux said:

Tomatoes suck

You guys must hate one of the greatest sandwiches ever invented.  The BLT with fresh grown tomatoes.

You guys have major issues you need to see someone about.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You guys must hate one of the greatest sandwiches ever invented.  The BLT with fresh grown tomatoes.

You guys have major issues you need to see someone about.

Fix that post.chuckleshuffle  Don't know how or why you misattributed that statement to me but this madness must stop.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, huKSer said:

I don't mind students on their cell phones in class.

It shuts up / keeps occupied the distractors and allows those who want to learn to do so.

I don't mind them on their cell phones once they are done with all of their work. I know that they are quiet if they are on their cell phones, but you can't just let them be on them non-stop. I make them put them away until they are done with their work. If I see them, I take them back to my desk. It's a pain, but it ensures that they learn the material that I need them to learn.

4 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Fix that post.chuckleshuffle  Don't know how or why you misattributed that statement to me but this madness must stop.

Sorry.....it's fixed.  Wouldn't want to mislead anyone into thinking someone else is so disturbed that they don't like bacon.

Another unpopular opinion.

Some aspects of the software on this board are frustrating.

• Plus1 1
On 3/6/2018 at 8:35 AM, NUinID said:

Don't know who Tim and the Animal are, but I got over T&T a long time ago.  They are both arrogant asses.  I got tired of listening to them drone on about how bad the state of Nebraska suck, how bad the midwest in general sucks, how bad the Huskers suck, how everyone living in Nebraska is an unsophisticated red neck.  As opposed to being 2 middle aged men with hair down to their butts that are so enlightened about everything.  

I dislike them for the same reason I don't listen to Bill Maher,  if you don't agree with whatever they say than you are just stupid.  

I loved when they got mad at Stern because Stern would call out people for stealing his bit/act...then of course TT would steal his bits/act.

3 hours ago, huKSer said:

I don't mind students on their cell phones in class.

It shuts up / keeps occupied the distractors and allows those who want to learn to do so.

We hare a 1:1 school with iPads...so they have them out and on all the time.  I don't have a huge issue with it as long as they shut up

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Army_Allen said:

Yup. One of the lesser parts about the experience at a Husker home game for sure.

C'mon man, nothing screams NU home game like a half cold piece of Val's hamburger za stuck inside a cardboard box.

It may not be the best slice in the world but I gotta have one when I'm there.

Runzas are marginal at the restaurant, no way I'm attempting one of those at the stadium. I'd like to be able to watch the 2nd half.

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, default_28 said:

Unpopular opinion: Eating extremely spicy food isn't impressive, it's just masochism. Anything above 100,000 on the Scoville scale tastes like nothing but scorched earth.

I don't like very spicy food, but the older I get the higher my tolerance for it is. I carve out the seeds/pith from peppers, but I use more hot sauce & red pepper flakes in my food lately. 

Maybe if you're born into it, like Indians (from India, not Native Americans :D ), and you eat it all your life, it's different. We worked with some Indian dudes at my startup in California and we'd go out to dinner sometimes, and I'd be sweating and half in pain from stuff they thought was mild. 

1 hour ago, default_28 said:

Unpopular opinion: Eating extremely spicy food isn't impressive, it's just masochism. Anything above 100,000 on the Scoville scale tastes like nothing but scorched earth.

I agree I don't like hot foot just for hot sake.  I do like some spicy things but in moderation.  

I am not a huge tomato fan, I will eat them on a sandwich if it comes with them on it, but I would never put them on it on purpose.  I would never eat them plain.  To watch some people slice up and eat a tomato or worse yet, eat it like an apple makes me want to gag.