Unpopular Opinion

46 minutes ago, Redux said:

And you have to scrape a crapload of mold off of the finished product before consuming.

You might want to scrape some brine scum off the top (you don't have to, it tastes just like the rest of the sauerkraut but some find the texture off-putting) but not mold. FYI, the brine scum is the same stuff you get if you're making pickles. Or brining cheese. Or really just using any kind of brine for more than a few days.

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would rather be on O street or the Rail Yard for a Husker game instead of a tailgate spot.

Tailgating is fun as long as it is not my tailgate, but I like bar hopping before games just fine.  I like the Dock at the back of the Embassy Suites, it is easy to get a drink and I like the live music, and it is only a couple a blocks to the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, NUinID said:

Tailgating is fun as long as it is not my tailgate, but I like bar hopping before games just fine.  I like the Dock at the back of the Embassy Suites, it is easy to get a drink and I like the live music, and it is only a couple a blocks to the stadium. 

Yeah, I had a tailgate spot for two years and it was great but so much work, mostly the work after the game is what sucked.  I do love other peoples tailgates!

I love the Dock too, tons of fun.  The Rail Yard is a blast and honestly the drink prices on O street and the nostalgia really do it for me.  Nothing like hitting up an O street bar with 3 friends and ordering 4 tallboys and 4 shots and it is under 20 dollars.

Edited by teachercd

On 3/12/2018 at 9:56 AM, Cdog923 said:

- Mad Max: Fury Road is overrated. Good flick, but not mind blowing as may think it is. 

- Batman: Begins is the best Nolan Batman movie. 

Ummm two points:

1) Mad Max Fury Road sucks ass.  Easily one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. 

And 2) The Dark Knight is head and shoulders better than Batman Begins.  Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was absolutely epic.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Ummm two points:

1) Mad Max Fury Road sucks ass.  Easily one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen. 

And 2) The Dark Knight is head and shoulders better than Batman Begins.  Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was absolutely epic.  

You know what saves The Dark Knight from being as convoluted as The Dark Knight Rises? Heath Ledger. He's incredible as the Joker, but he overshadows virtually everything about the rest of the film. Batman Begins is a better pure Batman movie than The Dark Knight. 

On 3/17/2018 at 9:37 PM, Cdog923 said:

You know what saves The Dark Knight from being as convoluted as The Dark Knight Rises? Heath Ledger. He's incredible as the Joker, but he overshadows virtually everything about the rest of the film. Batman Begins is a better pure Batman movie than The Dark Knight. 

Batman Begins is much more of a straight forward movie if that is what you mean, but I don't fine it to be superior to The Dark Knight.  Katie Holmes is not good as the love interest for Bruce, frankly she isn't a very good actress. 

There are very few movies that are absolutely perfect and The Dark Knight is not perfect in my mind, but it is really good.  The whole convict vs. "good people" ferry stuff is way to drawn out.  They could have had more Harvey Dent as Two Face IMO.  It is a good flick though.  I lot were really disappointed with The Dark Knight Rises, there was no way it was going to top TDN.  Heath Ledger was just the perfect joker that is not a knock on Tom Hardy either, I thought he did a good job as Bane.  I like it though, it is just not as good as The Dark Knight.

• Plus1 1
  • 5 weeks later...

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I posted this in a thread on the football board, but I think that Brook Berringer was just a "good QB" at Nebraska, he wasn't in the same area code as Tommie Frazier, and there are a number of other QB's in Nebraska history I would place above him.

Brook was a very solid option QB, but he was actually a good pro prospect.  He was expected to go 3rd 4th round before he was killed.