OWH 6 part series on Scott Frost

I have read the first 2 parts.  Nothing earth shattering or surprising in the story so far, but there are a lot of interesting nuggets of information.  Most interesting thing that I read was how Ronnie Green was leaning towards firing Eichorst this fall, and he made the final decision after the Northern Illinois loss.  Again, this isn't breaking news, but the narrative around the time is good to read.  I also enjoyed the behind the scenes stuff about Moos becoming the AD.

7 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

In part 1, Uncle Moose forfeited $2.5m of his Oregon non-compete in order to work at WSU. I also recall that the non-compete prohibited him from working at any school west of the Rockies. Ergo, the Ducks thought highly of Moos.

Seems like this would be fun to argue in court.  

Edited by teachercd

Part 3, 

The third part of The Return of Scott Frost focuses on the courtship that played out over a series of texts and phone calls spanning weeks, as Matt Davison tried to convince buddy and former teammate Frost he needed to come back to Lincoln to save their beloved Cornhuskers.

Matty is the hero, again.

17 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Are there links to these articles or are they only in printed form?

I will post links in the OP, but, they are behind a hard pay wall. If you're not a digital subscriber then you will need to either pay for a subscription or pick up a newspaper.

(FWIW: I've bought copies of old papers from their front desk before. They usually keep 30 days worth in the main lobby but I call ahead first.)

Part 3 is pretty good, as it touches on Moos's reactions and thoughts to watching the team play under Riley, and the beginnings of the Frost courtship.  It shouldn't be a shocker, but even though the Purdue game was a W for Riley, Moos wasn't thrilled with what he saw on the field, and the Northwestern loss was the L that sealed Riley's fate in Moos's eyes.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Part 3 is pretty good, as it touches on Moos's reactions and thoughts to watching the team play under Riley, and the beginnings of the Frost courtship.  It shouldn't be a shocker, but even though the Purdue game was a W for Riley, Moos wasn't thrilled with what he saw on the field, and the Northwestern loss was the L that sealed Riley's fate in Moos's eyes.

Why don't you copy it and email it to me (Just kidding...wink)

• Plus1 1