PGA Tour 2018

Mavric

2 hours ago, Vizsla1 said:

Any event Tiger tried out for... it has been very lucrative so far... I am biting my nails for today

I just don't understand the wager. Either it's about Tiger getting his 15th major or your wagering opponent doesn't pay attention. Tiger has several top 15 finishes in 2018, including the most recent major, The Open Championship.

He might get his 15th major today, if he would put his driver on the bottom of the nearest pond. Koepka has displayed a few chinks in his armor. Adam Scott is carrying two putters, effectively eliminating him from contention without him even knowing it. JT just whiffed a 3-footer. Tiger is playing army golf(left, right, left!). It is anyone's tournement at the moment.

Yeah, it's Brooks' tournament to lose. Thomas can string birdies together, the other contenders have issues with parts of their game. If Tiger gets one half of a revolution more on #11, the crowd might rattle others. It's just more of a tightrope walk with Tiger right now. He is grinding everything out. Koepka just has to play his game. He is really solid all around, not the best at anything but top 20 in everything. JT can get hot, but he can lose focus and mess up on seemingly routine shots. I just don't see Adam Scott putting well enough as the pressure mounts to be a serious threat. Two putters? Really? 

Sorry about that- it may seem confusing without the details....The Tiger bet was:  he would not win a Major (100) probably going to have to make a gentleman's double of nothing on that for 2019.... Any event Tiger was to appear in- he would not finish in top 5, then we changed it to top 15 (mid-stream).  Tiger has no won a Major this year- so I secured the 100.  That is what I was a bit nervous about...PGA he finished in top 15 so I lost 20

Farmers Insurance Open (T23).  won 20 Torrey Pines
Genesis Open (MC) won 20 Riveria CC
Honda Classic (12th) won 20 PGA National (Champion), Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Valspar Championship (T2) up 40 Innisbrook Resort (Copperhead), Palm Harbor, FL
Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by Mastercard (T5) up 20 Bay Hill Club & Lodge, Orlando, FL
The Masters Tournament (T32) up 40 Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA
Wells Fargo Championship (T55) up 60 Quail Hollow Club, Charlotte, NC
THE PLAYERS Championship (T11) up 80 TPC Sawgrass, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
the Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide (T23) up 100 Muirfield Village Golf Club, Dublin, OH
U.S. Open (MC) up 120 Shinnec$%k Hills Golf Course, Southampton, NY
The National (T4)

Changed to Top 15 for 50

up 70

TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm, Potomac, MD
The Open Championship (T6) up 50 Carnoustie Golf Club, Angus, SCO
World Golf Championships - Bridgestone Invitational (T31) up 70 

20 hours ago, Mavric said:

Going to be pretty hard to catch Koepka now

I think this ended up being the lowest total score of any major he's played.  He's playing well and if he keeps it up, he will start winning tournaments and majors again.

Some people are claiming this was the best he's ever played with his irons.  If he could hit the fairway with his driver......

9 minutes ago, NUance said:

180820-pan-caddie3.jpg

What happens when a PGA wife caddies for her husband.  LINK

I read about that. He's a tact-less, brave man. I get what he was saying, but there is a cultural disconnect in the way he communicated the role his wife played. I have a couple of staff bags and they are really heavy, at least he used a smaller bag for this tournament. That is the main purpose of a caddie, after all, carry the clubs so the player saves energy. All this other stuff is basically an agreement between player and caddie. Some players really need their caddies and some players can use anyone that is able to hoof that big bag around for 72 holes(hopefully). All I know is, if I discredited my wife's effort to help me out like that, I would not be expecting any more help from her.

Missed getting his PGA tour card by less than an inch.  Dang!

Edit:  I think he'll still get his PGA card.  They changed the format this year.  It used to be that the guys ranked 26 and below went to the Q-School tournament on equal footing for another 25 spots.  Now they give half of those slots to the next 12 money winners for the season including the Q-School tournament.  The other 13 spots go to the top 13 tournament finishers who aren't among the top money winners.  So if Dougherty has a decent showing in the tournament--say, in the top 40 or so--he'll get his card.   

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...