Isaiah Roby

seaofred92

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/yes-isaiah-roby-knows-it-too-husker-has-nba-potential/article_aeba3f20-edaf-5746-be14-c980d224c010.html

Let’s get ahead of the question before it comes. This is a story about Isaiah Roby, so you know it’s coming.

Roby knows it’s coming, too.

He’s heard it and read it a million times — so often, that he basically counts down the seconds in his interviews until the phrase comes. His response is usually something to the tune of flattery and timidness.

But the answer is yes. Roby does know how good he is. He does. Everyone can stop asking.

“I think it’s a cool thing, I guess, if they see potential in me,” Roby said of pundits and fans on Twitter who often wonder if Roby knows he could be a first-round NBA draft pick or All-Big Ten player. “I see potential in myself, too.”

Roby thinks the reason why so many ask if he realized his talent is because he isn’t a volume scorer. But that’s what will get him paid one day, and what will help Nebraska this year as a utility forward.

Last year, Roby averaged 8.7 points, 6.3 rebounds, two blocks and 1.7 assists per game, up from his freshman year, when he averaged 3.1 points, 2.9 rebounds. As a sophomore, Roby shot 40 percent from 3-point range and 56 percent from the floor, taking 5.3 shots per game.

“I’m not gonna be the guy who is gonna go out and take 25 shots or something like that,” Roby said. “I’m gonna be an all-around guy.”

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Isaiah Roby