Isaiah Roby

seaofred92

On 11/6/2018 at 7:53 AM, spurs1990 said:

What makes it better than something free like bleacher report?

They have actual writers for one. I went over to see the B/R pages for Husker football and basketball and it just looks like they aggregate stories from other sites (lame). I can use my Huskers Twitter list for that. The amount of content on The Athletic is pretty insane. I have about 5-7 new articles just about the Cowboys implosion on Monday Night Football alone. They don't have Nebraska-specific writers yet, but they are supposedly coming. They have 2 of the best college football writers: Mandel and Feldman. Their mobile app is sweet too.

I would recommend at least looking around. You should be able to do a free trial.

And here's my referral link if you decide to join! Referral

• 3 weeks later...

I said it before...Roby will be better off without Palmer and Copeland.  The team won't be but he will.  He is so passive (not in a bad way) that he totally defers and can't be the alpha dog yet.  Honestly, I don't know if he has that alpha dog in him, not all people do.  I could see him in the NBA and sitting on a bench...getting 7-10 minutes a night for 10 years.

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I said it before...Roby will be better off without Palmer and Copeland.  The team won't be but he will.  He is so passive (not in a bad way) that he totally defers and can't be the alpha dog yet.  Honestly, I don't know if he has that alpha dog in him, not all people do.  I could see him in the NBA and sitting on a bench...getting 7-10 minutes a night for 10 years.

To me talent and physical ability aren't the issue.  As you say he doesn't appear to be aggressive and try to impose his will.  The biggest issue I see is his inability to make fast decisions on the fly. He isn't strong enough to always get to his sweet spot down low and if he can't dunk on the drive his percentage is low.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Time to re-recruit Isaiah Roby!!

A couple of salient quotes from the article:

LINCOLN — Nebraska forward Isaiah Roby has put his name into the NBA draft, the junior told The World-Herald on Saturday. 

Roby will not hire an agent and will keep his options open, he said, meaning he could return to NU next season.  

Hoiberg has already called Roby, who said he likes the hiring of Hoiberg as Tim Miles' replacement. 

"I mean, obviously he's got a lot of success in college and he's coached in the NBA, played in the NBA, he was an executive in the NBA, so yeah I think that's the type of person that can really turn this program in the right direction," Roby said. 

Edited by knapplc
Updated thread title 5/30/19
  • Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to Isaiah Roby