ESPN's Todd McShay on Scott Frost

Saunders

"I like Scott Frost a lot as a person, and have gotten to know him over the years," McShay told Hail Varsity Radio. "Even if he had no tie to Nebraska, there are only a handful of coaches in the entire country – I'm talking like Nick Saban, Urban Meyer, those type of elite names – that maybe you would consider over Frost at this point, I think, with his youth, his energy, his passion for the game, his intelligence.

"I can't put a timeline on exactly how long and what, but I know this: That roster he got at UCF was really bad. It was a broken team. He turned it around in two years and went undefeated. I think the world of the guy. He made a big sacrifice to go back and do this. I know he's thrilled to do it, but it would've been a lot of easier to stay at UCF. They would've won and won big for a lot of years. It's going to take two or three years to get to where he feels like it's finally turning around with recruiting and everything else, the challenges he faces, but I just can't think of many other guys in the world that I would want in that position if I was a Nebraska fan."

https://hailvarsity.com/s/3460/hot-reads-espn-analyst-todd-mcshay-puts-frost-in-elite-group

• Plus1 5