Nebrasketball Game #32- Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinals- Michigan (Friday, March 2- 1:30 BTN)

What will the game result be?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Michigan win by single digits
    • Michigan win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2018 at 07:45 PM

One of the biggest things Nebraska had going for them was the eye test.  They hadn't been blown out in a game since Michigan State in December.  Even against good teams they were in it.  They could at least make the case that they had improved and could play with anybody...

Now... if everything falls perfectly for Nebraska, maybe they end up as the last team in the tournament, but extremely unlikely

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

And yet still won a lot of games. 

I am not saying Miles is great coach. He isnt. I just think the argument that this is all on Miles is silly.

People are so quick to throw it all on Miles everytime we lose. Yes, we could be way better on offense but with what we run we have had success. 

The guys had open looks and missed them. They got beat on screens and didnt close out. Michigan had better players and they made there shots.

I'm not saying it's all on Miles.  I'm saying it's the coach's job to put his players in the best position to be successful.  I don't think Miles does that.

My point is I don't know why some try to go out of their way to NOT blame Miles.  He's been here six years.  In four of those years, he's been withing one loss of the school record for losses.  In his two "good" years he's managed to win a grand total of ZERO post-season games (so far).  Saying things like "it is what it is" should tell you what we can look forward to at this point.  If that's enough success for you, great.  I think we can do better.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Mavric said:

I'm not saying it's all on Miles.  I'm saying it's the coach's job to put his players in the best position to be successful.  I don't think Miles does that.

My point is I don't know why some try to go out of their way to NOT blame Miles.  He's been here six years.  In four of those years, he's been withing one loss of the school record for losses.  In his two "good" years he's managed to win a grand total of ZERO post-season games (so far).  Saying things like "it is what it is" should tell you what we can look forward to at this point.  If that's enough success for you, great.  I think we can do better.

Keep preaching my friend. Keep preaching. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Mav, Frost can’t coach all our teams. Who the f#*k do you have lined up that’s better than Miles and we will hire him tonight.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Mav, Frost can’t coach all our teams. Who the f#*k do you have lined up that’s better than Miles and we will hire him tonight.

Ah, good.  The old "well who do you think we could actually get to coach the team" train of thought.

When you don't have a good defense for your argument, DEFLECT.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

No you don't have to go through the whole schedule.  You have to show how we got a decent amount of wins other than beating bad teams.  Which you can't do.

Mav, it’s well documented that from 2015 you’ve wanted Miles gone. You’ve just been WAITING a for this moment to start calling for his head. s#!t you did it with Riley, Erstad, Williams... even Cook I bet. You’re not wrong that Miles isn’t the best, but quit sharpening that god damn axe and find a better candidate and get a hold of Moos.

There's always next year, right?

They exceeded expectations this year for sure, down Big Ten or not.

What I really want to see is 2 consecutive years of growth by this team, not a big jump, suck for 3 years, get to the bubble, suck for 2 years, get to the bubble, set a record for losses...

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ah, good.  The old "well who do you think we could actually get to coach the team" train of thought.

When you don't have a good defense for your argument, DEFLECT.

I don’t even know why I talk to you after losses.

When we have devastating losses you blame the coach and I search for glimmers of hope. We are complete opposites.