Nebrasketball Game #32- Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinals- Michigan (Friday, March 2- 1:30 BTN)

What will the game result be?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Michigan win by single digits
    • Michigan win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2018 at 07:45 PM

2 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Tim Miles didnt shoot like garbage from 3. Or come out with less energy.

I am not saying he wasnt out-coached, because he was but Miles is far from the main problem today.

its the coach's job to prepare a team to come out and play with energy and run good offensive and defensive sets. 

This is the biggest game of Nebraska's season. They've looked totally lost and unprepared the entire game. 

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not trying to pick on you but this is why people complain about officiating is such a bad look.  Most of the time they have no idea what they are talking about.  You don't have to be set to take a charge.  Never have.  Several examples of the rule book of not being set and calling a charge.  

IIRC, there was no foul there, roby was driving to the basket, no elbows, knees, Wagner just stepped in front and he wasn't set. That still a foul on roby?

Just now, Mavric said:

Miles is a lot of the problem because we don't run anything resembling an offense so we are very easy to guard.

I've been complaining about that for years but just noticed another level of this today.  My complaint has always been that we don't help our "other" players get shots.  Guys like Plamer, Watson and (somewhat) Copeland can get their own shots.  "Other" guys struggle to contribute because we don't run much that helps them get open.  

The other side of that that I realized today is that when we have 3-4 guys just standing around watching it helps the defense out a lot.  Watch how often Michigan has three help defenders watching the ball because they don't have to pay attention to the guy their guarding because he's not going to move.  When they can focus on the ball that much, they are in a MUCH better position to help on drives and rebound.

Ya but the issue is that has been like that all year and we still won a lot of games.

The issue of Miles "Offense" has always been there and it wont change but it is what it is. We have won games(including over Michigan) with that exact offense. Guys didnt make shots and that was what did us in.

Just now, Mavric said:

Miles is a lot of the problem because we don't run anything resembling an offense so we are very easy to guard.

I've been complaining about that for years but just noticed another level of this today.  My complaint has always been that we don't help our "other" players get shots.  Guys like Plamer, Watson and (somewhat) Copeland can get their own shots.  "Other" guys struggle to contribute because we don't run much that helps them get open.  

The other side of that that I realized today is that when we have 3-4 guys just standing around watching it helps the defense out a lot.  Watch how often Michigan has three help defenders watching the ball because they don't have to pay attention to the guy their guarding because he's not going to move.  When they can focus on the ball that much, they are in a MUCH better position to help on drives and rebound.

thank you. I just don't understand how people can watch this and then say "Miles isn't the problem- they're just not playing well!" 

We don't run an offense. As in- we literally do not have an offense besides the dribble weave. Theres no free flow or cutting or anything. Everyone is just standing around. Very rarely does the ball even get reversed around the perimeter (and never does multiple times).

Watch Michigan's spacing and cutting. Everything they do is done with a purpose. 

Thats not on the players- its on the coaching. 

And here's another example of negative coaching: 

This team really should be a team that runs up and down the floor. 3/4 court pressure, trapping, transition buckets, etc. Our personnel is one that is not going to do well in half court slowed down sets. Our best lineup is long athletes. This is why when we run the 1-3-1 we cause problems with our length and athleticism. 

We try to play like Wisconsin slow and in the half court and were taking away some of our biggest strengths as a team. 

• Plus1 1

That 20 point win over Michigan was more about scheduling then anything else. We caught Michigan at a time when they just played 2 games in 5 days.  They where dead tired. Tim mikes hasn’t won big game since MSU in east Lansing. The guy just flat out can’t coach when it matters the most. 

Webster not a PG, we have no bigs and no deadly 3 point shooters. Been saying all year they are a flawed team.  On the bright side they will get at least one more home game for the fans 

Edited by Big red surfers
  • Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

thank you. I just don't understand how people can watch this and then say "Miles isn't the problem- they're just not playing well!" 

We don't run an offense. As in- we literally do not have an offense besides the dribble weave. Theres no free flow or cutting or anything. Everyone is just standing around. Very rarely does the ball even get reversed around the perimeter (and never does multiple times).

Watch Michigan's spacing and cutting. Everything they do is done with a purpose. 

So we win 22 games and its because of Palmer but lose 1 game vs a top 25 team and all coaches fault?

This is not an argument that Miles offensive system is good because it is faulty but we have won games this year with that system. Guys didnt hit shots today... Miles deserves his share of the blame but so do the players. Outside of Palmer who did anything today?

2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

That's what I noticed in the few minutes I watched. And on man defense they seem to watch the ball too much and lose track of their guy. Michigan did a good job of passing the ball around and find the open guy for an uncontested shot.