Nebrasketball Game #32- Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinals- Michigan (Friday, March 2- 1:30 BTN)

What will the game result be?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Michigan win by single digits
    • Michigan win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2018 at 07:45 PM

6 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

thank you. I just don't understand how people can watch this and then say "Miles isn't the problem- they're just not playing well!" 

We don't run an offense. As in- we literally do not have an offense besides the dribble weave. Theres no free flow or cutting or anything. Everyone is just standing around. Very rarely does the ball even get reversed around the perimeter (and never does multiple times).

Watch Michigan's spacing and cutting. Everything they do is done with a purpose. 

Thats not on the players- its on the coaching. 

Umm basically every good college basketball team uses the the dribble weave motion offense. Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. 

As far as cutting goes, Palmer has been doing it all game long, the back door just isn't there. Honestly it's more about the screening than anything. Roby has had an absolute trash game and has been manhandled all game long. Starts with the big men. 

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

So we win 22 games and its because of Palmer but lose 1 game vs a top 25 team and all coaches fault?

This is not an argument that Miles offensive system is good because it is faulty but we have won games this year with that system. Guys didnt hit shots today... Miles deserves his share of the blame but so do the players. Outside of Palmer who did anything today?

We've beaten the teams we were supposed to beat this year for the most part. I've been critical of Miles the entire season, even in the wins. We've squeaked by bad teams all season long and the shooting %'s and rebounding woes have been a major red flag for me the whole season. 

When we've played real teams this season we've gotten absolutely obliterated. Especially away from home. This is why I continued to say we hadn't beaten anyone even when everyone was freaking out because we were rattling off single digit wins against teams with sub 125 RPI's. Chastised for calling out the fact that we still weren't playing well and hadn't really done anything all that impressive. My complaints today are the same as they have been the entire season. Go against real coaches and players in moments that matter and watch what happens. 

Just because Miles recruited better players into the program doesn't mean he's a better coach than he used to be.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, redout22 said:

Umm basically every good college basketball team uses the the dribble weave motion offense. Kansas, Duke, UNC, etc. 

As far as cutting goes, Palmer has been doing it all game long, the back door just isn't there. Honestly it's more about the screening than anything. Roby has had an absolute trash game and has been manhandled all game long. Starts with the big men. 

The dribble weave is a fine component of a good team but there is legitimately 0 offensive plan on this team besides that. Theres nothing setup off of it, and we don't counter with anything when a team defends it well. We run approximately 0 flex, motion, UCLA screen, etc components. Literally everyone just stands around except the guy running to get the handoff and the guy handing the ball off. The lack of times the ball is passed into the post vs the amount of times its dribbled in the post is ridiculous. Its just frustrating to watch on a repeated basis. 

Just now, seaofred92 said:

The dribble weave is a fine component of a good team but there is legitimately 0 offensive plan on this team besides that. Theres nothing setup off of it, and we don't counter with anything when a team defends it well. We run approximately 0 flex, motion, UCLA screen, etc components. Literally everyone just stands around except the guy running to get the handoff and the guy handing the ball off. The lack of times the ball is passed into the post vs the amount of times its dribbled in the post is ridiculous. Its just frustrating to watch on a repeated basis. 

Agreed. That's why imo we need bigger big men. We need some more high low action to stretch the d. 

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Because we've played a lot of bad teams.

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Nebraska away from Lincoln: 

Wins (RPI in parentheses): 

@ Wisconsin (111)

Marist (324) 

Long Beach State (187)

@ Northwestern (166)

@ Rutgers (201)

@ Minnesota (163)

Losses: 

@ Michigan State (14)

@ Creighton (33)

@ Purdue (10)

@ Ohio State (18)

@ St Johns (80)

UCF (70)

@ Penn State (81)

@ Illinois (180)

not surprising if you look at how we are away from Lincoln how this game is going

• Plus1 1

So here are some thing I worried about during the year or things that I observed that sort of determined games...

Roby... So, overall he played fine. 3 PT shooting all year was very good, because he only shot them when teams DARED him to. Today, he went 1/3, but the two he missed were launched at bad times.

Taylor... I’ve felt tortured the last two years every time he has shot the ball. Today he shot 4 times, which were 4 completely wasted possessions because he CANT shoot.

Tshmanga... he barely played, either he was a bad matchup to have in this game or Miles was only giving him PT to keep him happy

Gill... has shot extremely poor since about the midpoint of the year, well that continued 2-8. I wish we would’ve given some of his PT to Allen, much earlier in the year. Feel like Miles didn’t want to mess with the “streak” with him as a starter.

3 PT Def- Seemed like we had turned a corner but it fell apart today.

Sadly, the one thing we are supposed to be solid at is Defense and we were terrible at it today. I hope the committee has mercy on us, but I just don’t know. 

We had a good year, we really did. Will suck to end here.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, redout22 said:

To be honest if we were going to lose I would rather lose like this than on a heartbreaker.

We NEEDED to win this game to go dancing so no matter how we lost it wouldn't have mattered. 

I get what you mean, no emotional crash  after a heartbreaker, but I'd rather lose close than get blown out

8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Because we've played a lot of bad teams.

Eh I just don’t agree.

We beat Wisconsin twice and they just played Michigan State tight 2 times in 1 week.

We beat Minnesota when they were still healthy and untorn. 

We had Ohio State, Kansas beat without late lapses.

We played tough against Purdue when they were RED hot.

i just disagree with the notion that we beat s#!tty teams. WHOLEHEARTEDLY

I know this effort today looks bad, but Michigan has been playing really well and it's very difficult to beat a team twice in a year.

I don't think there's much chance of making the tournament, but if this team makes the NIT I really hope they make a run through it.  Some post season experience could go a long way towards development for next year.

Like Miles or not, he's our coach and I always want our teams and coaches to do well.  That's why I'll be cheering for a great year and tournament win next year instead of tanking in order to get a different coach.

• Plus1 1