Nebrasketball Game #32- Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinals- Michigan (Friday, March 2- 1:30 BTN)

What will the game result be?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska win by single digits
    • Nebraska win by double digits
    • Michigan win by single digits
    • Michigan win by double digits

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2018 at 07:45 PM

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Mav, it’s well documented that from 2015 you’ve wanted Miles gone. You’ve just been WAITING a for this moment to start calling for his head. s#!t you did it with Riley, Erstad, Williams... even Cook I bet. You’re not wrong that Miles isn’t the best, but quit sharpening that god damn axe and find a better candidate and get a hold of Moos.

Yeah, you're just completely making things up at this point.

I have NEVER called for Erstad's head.  Quite the opposite.

I have NEVER called for Williams' head.  We were not competitive last year but I never came close to wanting her gone.

Where the f&$& do you dream that stuff up about Cook?

Yes, you and I went around for years on Riley.  One of us proved to be right on that.  The other clung hoplessly to anything they could dream up until the bitter end.

• Plus1 2

Just now, HS_Coach_C said:

There's always next year, right?

They exceeded expectations this year for sure, down Big Ten or not.

What I really want to see is 2 consecutive years of growth by this team, not a big jump, suck for 3 years, get to the bubble, suck for 2 years, get to the bubble, set a record for losses...

Next year all depends on who stays. If Palmer and Copeland stay, I think we got a shot next year. If they leave, we will be below average.

2 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

There's always next year, right?

They exceeded expectations this year for sure, down Big Ten or not.

What I really want to see is 2 consecutive years of growth by this team, not a big jump, suck for 3 years, get to the bubble, suck for 2 years, get to the bubble, set a record for losses...

+1 Totally agree. If we get the core guys back and don’t suffer to transfers and what have you I think we have an opportunity to prove something next year! 

3 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

It’s not that I don’t have an argument it’s that you won’t listen to it.

Sorry,, I should have clarified that I'd like to see a COHERENT argument.  You throw a lot of stuff out there that sounds good to you but doesn't really mean anything.

For instance, we're supposed to give Nebraska credit for beating Minnesota when they were good (because teams can change through the year) but then we're supposed to ignore the part that perhaps Wisconsin is playing better now than when we played them.

And you try to say we've beaten good teams but can only give two examples of teams that finished in the bottom half of a down conference.

• Plus1 1

Random question...

Does anyone know if the basketball team always practices on the same court?

It seems like switching venues really makes our offense suffer.  Now I understand most road games are tougher than normal, but it just seems to hurt us more than most teams.  I feel like if they switched up the practice facilities every once in a while they might be more used to a different setting.  I wouldn't want the team to suffer at home, but I'm just curious.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Sorry,, I should have clarified that I'd like to see a COHERENT argument.  You throw a lot of stuff out there that sounds good to you but doesn't really mean anything.

For instance, we're supposed to give Nebraska credit for beating Minnesota when they were good (because teams can change through the year) but then we're supposed to ignore the part that perhaps Wisconsin is playing better now than when we played them.

And you try to say we've beaten good teams but can only give two examples of teams that finished in the bottom half of a down conference.

Wisconsin lost to 2 teams the final month of the season..

Nebraska and Michigan state.

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Wisconsin lost to 2 teams the final month of the season..

Nebraska and Michigan state.

OK.  So in two attempts you've still only managed to list three of our 22 wins that may have been against "good" teams.

So I'm still correct that a large reason that we racked up 22 wins this year is because we've played a lot of bad teams.

Glad we can come to an understanding.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

OK.  So in two attempts you've still only managed to list three of our 22 wins that may have been against "good" teams.

So I'm still correct that a large reason that we racked up 22 wins this year is because we've played a lot of bad teams.

Sure Mav, sure. 

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'll help...

1. Michigan

2. Maryland

3. Penn State

4. Boston College

5. Wisconsin x 2 (debatable)

6. Indiana (debatable)

Those are the only teams we beat with RPI's under 150.  Yeah, yeah, yeah RPI is a joke.  It's one of the best measurements we have to go by.

Is Nebraska a crap team? No

Is Nebraska a good team? Not exactly

Did they get enough chances to prove they were a good team? Nope

• Plus1 4

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not saying it's all on Miles.  I'm saying it's the coach's job to put his players in the best position to be successful.  I don't think Miles does that.

My point is I don't know why some try to go out of their way to NOT blame Miles.  He's been here six years.  In four of those years, he's been withing one loss of the school record for losses.  In his two "good" years he's managed to win a grand total of ZERO post-season games (so far).  Saying things like "it is what it is" should tell you what we can look forward to at this point.  If that's enough success for you, great.  I think we can do better.

Not arguing the fact Miles deserves his blame. I have been fairly tough on Miles and agree with most of what you said.

That being said, are you suggesting we fire Miles and get a new coach? Might be a hard thing to sell after winning 22 games.

While maybe his success this year was strictly because of an easy schedule he still broke the record for most conference wins in a season(I know i know we had more conference games then previous years).

This year was a good year. Not great but we won games we should have which with past Miles teams didnt happen.

Of course I would have liked to win a lot more games but honestly this team was way better than last year and if we keep the core hopefully we can be way better next year.

I know I sound like a Miles homer, not the point I just think blame can be shared across multiple facets.

1 minute ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I'll help...

1. Michigan

2. Maryland

3. Penn State

4. Boston College

5. Wisconsin x 2 (debatable)

6. Indiana (debatable)

Those are the only teams we beat with RPI's under 150.  Yeah, yeah, yeah RPI is a joke.  It's one of the best measurements we have to go by.

Is Nebraska a crap team? No

Is Nebraska a good team? Not exactly

Did they get enough chances to prove they were a good team? Nope

But did they also choke when they could prove they were good? -Yep.. See todays game, Kansas game, Ohio State game as examples.

We are average but average is way better than pretty much the last 5 years and so i was excited... I AM EXCITED BY AVERAGE!

Just now, Minnesota_husker said:

But did they also choke when they could prove they were good? -Yep.. See todays game, Kansas game, Ohio State game as examples.

We are average but average is way better than pretty much the last 5 years and so i was excited... I AM EXCITED BY AVERAGE!

They choked for sure.  It's just that most of their opportunities came early in the year and/or on the road, which is unfortunate.

1 minute ago, HS_Coach_C said:

They choked for sure.  It's just that most of their opportunities came early in the year and/or on the road, which is unfortunate.

Yup. I think we screwed up today but also hats off to Michigan. That might have been one of the best performances from an opponent we have seen all year.

Michigan knew how to beat us and shot lights out. We shot poorly.

I still think we deserve a tourney spot but know we wont get it now.