I like coffee from a press, typically French Roast because I like the ashy taste, sometimes with a shot of cream but usually black. I get my coffee at Starbucks because they roast their beans darker than anyone else in Nebraska. I like some of the coffees from The Mill (local joint) but most aren't roasted thoroughly enough for my taste. 

Occasionally I will get an espresso drink, sometimes a caramel macchiato or a cappuccino, but that's maybe once a year.

Gotta grind your own beans. An absolute must if you want the freshest stuff. I'll leave it to others to debate best brew method - I just use your standard 10-cup Mr. Coffee Drip Brewer.

Almost always go for dark roasts myself. But I ran out the other day and I got by on Casey's hazelnut for a few days. Reminded me how much I loved it. Grew up with it since it was always Mom's favorite.

Hy-Vee here has a BOGO sale right now on their store brand beans - picked up two bags of Expresso roast & two bags of Hazelnut last night.  Check that out to see if it is also in your area! Just found out Caribou has happy hour from 4-6 PM everyday too. Gonna have to check that out. I almost always brew my own, though.

Edit: x2 on the "almost exclusively black" train. Allows you to stomach coffee pretty much wherever because you don't need specific mix-ins.

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 1

I don't use a drip brewer because the water doesn't interact with the beans long enough to extract the flavor in most commercial brands. Many drip brewers don't get the water nearly hot enough, either. 

Forgot to mention that my preferred coffee maker is Peet's from the west coast. They aren't in Nebraska, unfortunately, but I went there almost exclusively when I lived in The Bay. Coffee like used motor oil, the kind you can stand your fork up in.

• Plus1 1

The only way I know how to brew my own is press. Kind of watery, though, right? I like it, though. I used to drink lattes but I've moved away from the milk. Being in a big city has been great for my (relatively basic) coffee education. There's always something different to explore, and I'm often too busy to make my own. 

I have two percolators.  One at home and another at work.  I switched over to them about a year ago.  I also have a couple French presses.  Sometimes I use a percolators sometimes a French press.   I like the taste of French press coffee the best.  

• Plus1 1

Ah, I see. I've never had Peet's so maybe I just don't know what you mean, but are you guys literally talking about spoons standing....I dunno. I feel like all the coffee I've ever had had approximately the consistency of water. 

I've become a big espresso drinker lately. Double shot (I think it's double?) and on the iced side, americano. I don't know if it tastes that different necessarily (I have really bad palette) but it's such an interesting drink. I like the way it looks.

Been brewing exclusively with a Keurig for awhile. I'm sure it's not as good of quality as a French press but it's easy and I like it. My favorites are Laughing Man Columbian Huila, Starbucks Sumatra and Kiva Bold by Westrock. All are dark roasts but the Sumatra is smokier and stronger than the others.  Can't drink too much of it or I can really feel the caffeine rush. Sometimes I'll add some half and half but usually black. 18 oz's every morning.

Edited by Comfortably Numb

The advantages of a Keurig are its quickness and its consistency. Even though I've been making coffee with my press for 20 years, sometimes it just doesn't turn out as well as I like. The Keurig reduces human error and gives you the same cup yesterday, today & tomorrow. It's also pretty easy to clean up, unlike my press, and it's convenient because you brew exactly the number of cups you want.

Shoutout to the folks all drinking black coffee.  Foo-Foo drinks have their place, and you should drink what you like, but it's nice to be surrounded by like-minded people. 

ZaazWLw.png

• Plus1 1

9 OUT OF 10 TIMES I JUST DRINK IT BLACK. BUT ON SATURDAYS WE WALK THE DOG TO STARBUCKS AND WE ALL GET A "FANCY" COFFEE. IF THE DOG DOESN'T GET HIS PUPPUCCINO HE GETS VERY JEALOUS. I'VE HAD TO GIVE HIM A TASTE OF MY COFFEE SO HE'LL COOL DOWN.