I do enjoy a nice hazelnut coffee from time to time if it's not too sweet and if I go to Starbucks or, more likely, Human Bean I'll get a latte, no flavor with an extra shot of espresso. I prefer Human Bean because you get a chocolate covered coffee bean and they are awesome.  But the norm is plain black and strong.

@knapplc I know this doesn't help you much, but, Peet's is now sold in a few places in Omaha. The Baker's off of 72nd and Ames has it. I used to only get it in Chicago prior to the last year or so but now it's about the main brand of bean I use.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm a pure black coffee drinker. I use a press on the weekends and a keurig/drip maker during the week, depending on time and how much I want. I also grind my own beans. Occasionally, I may put a touch of cream into the drink, but not much.

6 hours ago, Enhance said:

Also, for what it's worth, I'm a pure black coffee drinker. I use a press on the weekends and a keurig/drip maker during the week, depending on time and how much I want. I also grind my own beans. Occasionally, I may put a touch of cream into the drink, but not much.

Apostasy! Purge the heathen! :D 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So, we have a Chinese kid staying with us this year so he can attend high school in the U.S.he's the son of a friend of ours from China.  I notice that he's started drinking coffee, which is a bit unusual for a native Chinese person.  (Have you ever tried to find a decent coffeeshop in China?  lol)  This morning he told me that he drinks it to keep awake through his morning classes which, according to him, are quite boring.  The thing is, he's not drinking real coffee.  He's been mixing packets of Taster's Choice instant decaf that he found in the cabinet.  I didn't have the heart to tell him.  LULZ. :)

• 10 months later...