QB John Rhys Plumlee [Mississippi - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

24 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Plumlee Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/17/2018 at 06:25 AM

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

I think he’s the top QB target. 

Might be right.  I think he is a good baseball player but not even in the same realm as the early bubba comparisons.   IMO Might play both in college.  As a former qb and having the success frost has had at the qb position I don't think we would heavily pursue a baseball kid that never shows up on campus.  Also think we possibly take two this year.  

On 6/2/2018 at 12:18 PM, Mavric said:

"Blown away" by his visit.  Seemed pretty impressed with the football and baseball facilities as well as Lincoln in general.  Parents were also along.

He was quoted as not seeing baseball stuff.

I think we are overdoing the baseball thing, I’m not sure how good he is as I haven’t investigated yet, but he was also quoted saying it’s not a deal breaker if he has to just focus on football in college. Ideally wants to play both, but not a must.

Committing within 3 weeks. I hope we get him and McCaffrey.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

He was quoted as not seeing baseball stuff.

I think we are overdoing the baseball thing, I’m not sure how good he is as I haven’t investigated yet, but he was also quoted saying it’s not a deal breaker if he has to just focus on football in college. Ideally wants to play both, but not a must.

Committing within 3 weeks. I hope we get him and McCaffrey.

He did visit the baseball facilities but what I read didn't mention meeting with the baseball staff.  They might not have been in town.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He did visit the baseball facilities but what I read didn't mention meeting with the baseball staff.  They might not have been in town.

That’s fair, the odd thing was that he said they didn’t discuss playing both sports on the visit...

Heres the thing from what I researched... he isn’t getting drafted that high if I had to guess. He topped out at 81 MPH. That’s not a great OF arm at all.

Lots of time and they aren’t really talking about that MLB draft yet, give it a couple weeks. His quotes sure seem like he wants to go to college though.

He did say he will not be an early enrollee as he wants to play spring baseball with his teammates.

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure if we're still interested here but Oklahoma has a QB recruit that was just the #9 overall pick in the MLB draft so that should pretty much answer questions about whether we should be recruiting baseball guys or not.

Kyler Murray. Word is he will play football this fall, and then quit football to focus on his baseball career.

Also, this is a slightly different situation because Murray transfered from Texas A&M before attending Oklahoma so he is a little older. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to QB John Rhys Plumlee [Mississippi - Signed LOI]
  • 3 years later...