WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I would venture to guess that if the greatest college coach ever is recruiting you, he has a plan on how to best utilize your abilities.

Idk if that is true.  OJ Howard in a different offense could have been a 1k yard TE and probably would have helped his draft stock. Saban doesnt venture too far from his boring offense. Now Bama does get a lot of eyes so they get a lot of player drafted and about half of them over-drafted. 

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Idk if that is true.  OJ Howard in a different offense could have been a 1k yard TE and probably would have helped his draft stock. Saban doesnt venture too far from his boring offense. Now Bama does get a lot of eyes so they get a lot of player drafted and about half of them over-drafted. 

He was a Mackey award finalist, won a championship, and was a first-round pick. Hard to argue he wasn't utilized properly or that Saban's offense hurt his stock- how much higher could it go? Being over-drafted isn't really a downside for the player, and whether you think you "fit" or not if Bama says they want you that means something.

• Plus1 3
20 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

There aren't a lot of 1,000 yard TE's in college football.

And Howard was the #19 overall pick in 2017.  Only 6 TE's have been drafted higher than that in the last 20 years

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

There aren't a lot of 1,000 yard TE's in college football.

And Howard was the #19 overall pick in 2017.  Only 6 TE's have been drafted higher than that in the last 20 years

There are very few players with the physical tools of someone like Howard. 

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

He was a Mackey award finalist, won a championship, and was a first-round pick. Hard to argue he wasn't utilized properly or that Saban's offense hurt his stock- how much higher could it go? Being over-drafted isn't really a downside for the player, and whether you think you "fit" or not if Bama says they want you that means something.

I wasn't saying being over-draft was a downside. I was making both sides of the argument. Pretty obviously i thought. It pretty universally agreed that he was under utilized at Bama. It worked out for him because he is a physical freak, but the point is Saban(or more accurately maybe Kiffin at the time) didnt change his offense for a single player.  Of course if he had to he could do that probably, although you dont know until he does it, but if he is winning with huge backs pounding the ball then why would he switch it up. 

Gotcha. I do think plenty of players don't care if the offense isn't a perfect fit for them though. Instead of looking at it as they won't use him to the best of my abilities, it's however they use him he's going to win a lot. And it will probably prepare him better for the NFL, although that's a little more strength and conditioning than scheme IMO.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic