WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

I had read that his current GF is already at or will be going to Kentucky.  Wouldn’t be surprised one bit if her financial burden was somehow lightened due to this...   Just one of many things that could be in play that revolve around $$$. 

Its embarrassing people jump to the conclusion that this is about money. It's his hometown school, 30 minutes away from him with a lot of friends and family there. The same people who say this has to do with $$$ are the same that would take this kid in a second.

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Its embarrassing people jump to the conclusion that this is about money. It's his hometown school, 30 minutes away from him with a lot of friends and family there. The same people who say this has to do with $$$ are the same that would take this kid in a second.

My goodness. Finally a rational person.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Pretty sure everyone would take this kid in a second whether they think he is going to kentucky because of money or not. It is being reported that something happened yesterday that changed his mind. What do you suppose that major revelation was? 

Also lets not be naive. Just look at the news scandals everywhere involved paying players to come to their school. If you think its isolated to basketball your wrong.

It doesnt mean he is getting paid to come there. But I wont rule out anything.

I think one of the biggest factors for his decision was an explosive offense. Kentucky is horrible.

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Thompkons may never play a down of college football. I hope he recovers but we shouldn’t count on it. 

On 8/31/2018 at 7:46 AM, Thanks_Tom RR said:

That's rough. If JoJo Domann plays, he could be the poster child for coming back from this situation.

I said this in Thompkins' thread before the season. Watching JoJo this season (in limited reps), he has shown amazing athleticism and is clearly back to 100%. The human spirit is an awesome thing.

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Pretty sure everyone would take this kid in a second whether they think he is going to kentucky because of money or not. It is being reported that something happened yesterday that changed his mind. What do you suppose that major revelation was? 

Also lets not be naive. Just look at the news scandals everywhere involved paying players to come to their school. If you think its isolated to basketball your wrong.

He literally just told you what he thought the major revelation was........

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It doesnt mean he is getting paid to come there. But I wont rule out anything.

+1, beat me to it.  You don't just have a massive change of heart like this in one day over something that hasn't changed in months (his gf, being closer to home, etc.).  I have also heard through the grapevine that money is 100% the reason.

23 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

He literally just told you the major revelation was........

That is not new information, though his pending decision could have changed the weight that reality carries. Still, I wonder if the CFP rankings being released two days ago had something to do with it. If I were Kentucky coaches, my pitch would become more crystalized, "Do you want to commit to a 2-6 team or the #11 team in the country"?

The records for these two teams have not changed this week, but the perception of where Kentucky and Nebraska are nationally may have with the CFP rankings being released.

15 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Believe it or not, this forum isn’t the only place that has insiders with connections (as was just brought up in a different thread last week).  One of the others out there has one main poster who everyone looks to for Husker and CFB advice in general.  He hinted towards a scenario such as this last night.  But, Carry on...

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic