WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

That is not new information, though his pending decision could have changed the weight that reality carries. Still, I wonder if the CFP rankings being released two days ago had something to do with it. If I were Kentucky coaches, my pitch would become more crystalized, "Do you want to commit to a 2-6 team or the #11 team in the country"?

The records for these two teams have not changed this week, but the perception of where Kentucky and Nebraska are nationally may have with the CFB rankings being released.

That is possible. Too bad he doesnt commit on monday. Because they wont be able to boast being #11 after Georgia destroys them this weekend.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Pretty sure everyone would take this kid in a second whether they think he is going to kentucky because of money or not. It is being reported that something happened yesterday that changed his mind. What do you suppose that major revelation was? 

Also lets not be naive. Just look at the news scandals everywhere involved paying players to come to their school. If you think its isolated to basketball your wrong.

It doesnt mean he is getting paid to come there. But I wont rule out anything.

I think one of the biggest factors for his decision was an explosive offense. Kentucky is horrible.

That he is a kid with a hometown school who is doing well this year who is making them a number one priority. Close to friends and family. That the idea of being a hometown hero is enticing and that he will be a celebrity there, but sure jump to the conclusion that money was involved. Also if he is getting paid, then why would you want a kid like that? Fans just always look for a reason to drag a kid when they don't commit and this one is idiotic. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

Believe it or not, this forum isn’t the only place that has insiders with connections (as was just brought up in a different thread last week).  One of the others out there has one main poster who everyone looks to for Husker and CFB advice in general.  He hinted towards a scenario such as this last night.  But, Carry on...

Gotcha so let me follow your logic,  a " Husker Insider" hinted towards a scenario that involves the University of Kentucky giving a kid money and some how that information is so openly available that an "insider" from the University of Nebraska knows about it. And you believe that? 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

That he is a kid with a hometown school who is doing well this year who is making them a number one priority. Close to friends and family. That the idea of being a hometown hero is enticing and that he will be a celebrity there, but sure jump to the conclusion that money was involved. Also if he is getting paid, then why would you want a kid like that? Fans just always look for a reason to drag a kid when they don't commit and this one is idiotic. 

I will not say money is involved, and certainly not drag this kids name through the mud, but all of these things you mentioned aren't new revelations. At least not in the last 24 hours.

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Why because you know Wandale and know it is not true? 

My reason for being skeptical is because it seems like people who claim to know something say something happened yesterday that changed his mind. I refuse to believe that just out of the blue all those draws of family hit him like a brick wall and it changed his mind to the point where people are reporting something happened. Deciding to stay home because you want to stay home is not a "event" that happened. Its just a thought process. 

Regardless, I am not saying it is money. I am just saying its possible. I would love to believe the innocent theory you have above. But when he wanted to play in an offense like ours or Purdue's all along. Then all of a sudden he is ok playing in a horrible offense with no prior buzz or talk that he was that interested in Kentucky. 

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

My reason for being skeptical is because it seems like people who claim to know something say something happened yesterday that changed his mind. I refuse to believe that just out of the blue all those draws of family hit him like a brick wall and it changed his mind to the point where people are reporting something happened. Deciding to stay home because you want to stay home is not a "event" that happened. Its just a thought process. 

Regardless, I am not saying it is money. I am just saying its possible. I would love to believe the innocent theory you have above. But when he wanted to play in an offense like ours or Purdue's all along. Then all of a sudden he is ok playing in a horrible offense with no prior buzz or talk that he was that interested in Kentucky. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If you are skeptical about him going to UK for valid reasons, you should be much more skeptical about his reasons to come to NU.  We made his final cut despite not being closer to home, not having as successful of a program, not having the pull of the SEC, not having better weather, and probably a few other reasons.  How much money do you think we offered him?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Ziebol said:

Agree to disagree. Not worth any further discussion. 

I guess when Wandale surprises everyone and still commits to Nebraska at 1:30 there will be a lot of good poster material for someone to chime in and do the "this didnt age well" comment.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, STL Husker said:

If you are skeptical about him going to UK for valid reasons, you should be much more skeptical about his reasons to come to NU.  We made his final cut despite not being closer to home, not having as successful of a program, not having the pull of the SEC, not having better weather, and probably a few other reasons.  How much money do you think we offered him?

Yeah, you’re right...  This staff hasn’t shown the ability to get top rated athletes without special side deals before...  smh 

1 minute ago, STL Husker said:

Its pretty simple. We have the draw of being a blue blood program, great facilities, big ten football, one of hottest coaches in the country and the EXACT offense he wants to play in. 

Yes not close to home- but thats obviously not huge on his list since ohio state was in the final group. Historically successful program viewed by many to be on the rise, being in the SEC doesnt matter if you are the historical punching bag of the SEC, weather is a good argument.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic