WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

49 minutes ago, SUHperman said:

lol why would he ever want to come here after today? Bridge is burned and we will find someone else. Best of luck to him. 

Exactly. It's like the girl that gets dumped so she starts acting like a psycho to "get back" at the guy, when really all it does is prove that she's a lunatic and he was right to dump her.

Let's not be a crazy ex Husker fans...

5 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Exactly. It's like the girl that gets dumped so she starts acting like a psycho to "get back" at the guy, when really all it does is prove that she's a lunatic and he was right to dump her.

Let's not be a crazy ex Husker fans...

Its really not like that at all. We could potentially continue recruiting him and it wouldn't be weird at all. I don't really get the idea the bridge has been burned. If Wandale wasn't paid off and Frost is still interested then we will continue to pursue him. Why would he want to come here after today? The same reasons he has wanted to come from the beginning. What about today turned him off to us? If the relationship with the staff is still good, then there is still a chance if we wanted to take it. Not sure that we do, but it doesn't seem to me the bridge is burned.

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Its really not like that at all. We could potentially continue recruiting him and it wouldn't be weird at all. I don't really get the idea the bridge has been burned. If Wandale wasn't paid off and Frost is still interested then we will continue to pursue him. Why would he want to come here after today? The same reasons he has wanted to come from the beginning. What about today turned him off to us? If the relationship with the staff is still good, then there is still a chance if we wanted to take it. Not sure that we do, but it doesn't seem to me the bridge is burned.

Honestly the bridge is burned but probably in the opposite direction, I can't speak to if he got paid. But him switching to Kentucky final hour after committing to Frost the week before, seems like a likely assumption at this point given the crystal ball predictions on 247. If that were the case - I cannot see Frost too excited to pursue him from this point on. Frost probably sick  of having to manage a roster of guys who need the ball in their hands 20+ times or they're gonna bail.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

No way...  This couldn’t have happened because because of all the “experts” on here a couple pages back (@Ziebol) said it doesn’t happen and folks like Jim Rose (who just happen to know more than they do) should just stop with the crazy conspiracy theories and wish him well.  (Sarcasm) 

Well, the quote you gave and what Sean Callahan said are two different things. Your quote said it was Jim Rose who got the call, which makes "someone he'd never heard of" a pretty unreliable source. Maybe you meant it the way Callahan said it, but you can't gripe at people for questioning your post when you don't post the info correctly.

Also, it's still Jim Rose.

10 hours ago, TheGainfulHusker said:

Rumor is Callahan was speaking at a luncheon in Beatrice today and he said he heard that last night some guy called Frost and explained he was Wandale's "handler". Scott had never even heard this guys name until last night and he tells Scott that Kentucky was going to do "this" for his guy and wanted to hear what we could do. Scott was pissed and basically told him where to go.

Not sure what to make of this.  Really happened or sour grapes?  But at some point I would think a reporter is going to ask Frost about it and I think we'll understand then if this really happened or not.  Frost doesn't want any part of this side of the business and will indicate if true or not and move on.  This will signal we don't want these types of recruits.  If it didn't happen, then Frost can clear the situation up and wish the kid the best at Kentucky.  If it did happen, well then it sucks to be going to Kentucky.  Their problem, not ours.  And if true, the saddest part is the kid is just a used pawn in the whole situation but it will be his reputation that takes the hit.  

5 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Not sure what to make of this.  Really happened or sour grapes?  But at some point I would think a reporter is going to ask Frost about it and I think we'll understand then if this really happened or not.  Frost doesn't want any part of this side of the business and will indicate if true or not and move on.  This will signal we don't want these types of recruits.  If it didn't happen, then Frost can clear the situation up and wish the kid the best at Kentucky.  If it did happen, well then it sucks to be going to Kentucky.  Their problem, not ours.  And if true, the saddest part is the kid is just a used pawn in the whole situation but it will be his reputation that takes the hit.  

I highly doubt he comments on it. They aren't allowed to comment on recruits until they are signed, and if they ask after signing day I'm sure he won't care to address another team's recruit when we'll have 30 of our own top prospects to talk about.

• Fire 1

Via Dave Lackford, Kentucky Rivals lead reporter:

“Thanks man. I came on here and told you guys that Wandale was a done deal to Nebraska. When I posted that he was. I know that y'all probably look at me as a guy who brought fake news but at the time I posted that he told me Nebraska was his pick. For some insight on what happened I feel I owe you all this explanation and here is what I posted on the UK site:

"Big day for the Football 'Cats no doubt. Ok here is how it all went down. So if you have been on twitter today you have noticed that Nebraska fans are MAAAADDDDD. Whoa boy I'm talking bang your head on a stud in the wall mad.

Here is what really went down: Robinson was set to commit to Nebraska as recently as 4:00 last night. A coach at Nebraska told Robinson that JD Spielman, who plays the "R" in Nebraska's offense and is having a great season would be moved to the "X receiver" position to allow Robinson to take his spot as the "R" next year. In Nebraska's offense, and most offenses, the X is the receiver who lines up on the line of scrimmage, usually on the boundary side, and cannot go in motion. This seemed fishy to people around Robinson because Spielman is 5-foot-9 and typically receivers who play the X are over 6-foot-2. While it is rare that a player of Spielman's stature plays the X, it does happen.

Empty promises however, are frequent in recruiting and Robinson wanted a final confirmation before he announced.

According to my source, sometime after 4:00PM a Nebraska coach or Scott Frost himself made a call to talk about this promise. Frost denied ever saying a position change was suggested to Robinson. Robinson was a party to this phone call and was surprised to hear the coach deny making this claim. Right then and there Frost lost all trust he had established with Robinson and things went downhill quickly. It was pointed out that when Robinson committed to Nebraska Frost never call his parents to thank them for putting their trust in him and the Nebraska program. These factors raised major red flags in the Robinson's mind as well as those close to him. He was torn between leaving home to play 750 miles away in lieu of staying in-state and playing his college ball 30 minutes from his house. Robinson chose the brand he can trust.

Nebraska fans are screaming foul play and that Kentucky "dropped a bag" but that isn't the case in this situation. If anyone dropped anything, it was Scott Frost dropping the ball inches from the goal line metaphorically or literally dropping a crucial phone call just hours away from landing one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country."

This is my inside info on the situation. Most of you guys on this site have been rational and pretty cool about the situation. Unfortunately, a fringe group of crazies on twitter are slandering a good kid's name. I can assure you that no money changed hands last night and this was a simple case of a long distance school failing to pull an elite recruit from the clutches of a hometown school.

All of this being said, I believe that Nebraska has some of the best/loyal fans in the country and the large majority of y'all are good people.”

• Plus1 1

Now a story is being peddled by the Kentucky rivals writers that Frost promised him that Spielman is going to switch positions next year, and that Wandale would start in that position next year. Then, Wandale called on Wednesday to confirm, and Frost denied promising anything, and that's what prompted the switch. 

What a soap opera. Probably best to move on and focus on the guys that want to be here, like Johnson and Thompkins. 

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Now a story is being peddled by the Kentucky rivals writers that Frost promised him that Spielman is going to switch positions next year, and that Wandale would start in that position next year. Then, Wandale called on Wednesday to confirm, and Frost denied promising anything, and that's what prompted the switch. 

What a soap opera. Probably best to move on and focus on the guys that want to be here, like Johnson and Thompkins. 

Which completely goes against Frosts mentality and everything he’s preached to the players and media that positions and playing time are earned, nothing is promised...   

• Plus1 7

8 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Via Dave Lackford, Kentucky Rivals lead reporter:

“Thanks man. I came on here and told you guys that Wandale was a done deal to Nebraska. When I posted that he was. I know that y'all probably look at me as a guy who brought fake news but at the time I posted that he told me Nebraska was his pick. For some insight on what happened I feel I owe you all this explanation and here is what I posted on the UK site:

"Big day for the Football 'Cats no doubt. Ok here is how it all went down. So if you have been on twitter today you have noticed that Nebraska fans are MAAAADDDDD. Whoa boy I'm talking bang your head on a stud in the wall mad.

Here is what really went down: Robinson was set to commit to Nebraska as recently as 4:00 last night. A coach at Nebraska told Robinson that JD Spielman, who plays the "R" in Nebraska's offense and is having a great season would be moved to the "X receiver" position to allow Robinson to take his spot as the "R" next year. In Nebraska's offense, and most offenses, the X is the receiver who lines up on the line of scrimmage, usually on the boundary side, and cannot go in motion. This seemed fishy to people around Robinson because Spielman is 5-foot-9 and typically receivers who play the X are over 6-foot-2. While it is rare that a player of Spielman's stature plays the X, it does happen.

Empty promises however, are frequent in recruiting and Robinson wanted a final confirmation before he announced.

According to my source, sometime after 4:00PM a Nebraska coach or Scott Frost himself made a call to talk about this promise. Frost denied ever saying a position change was suggested to Robinson. Robinson was a party to this phone call and was surprised to hear the coach deny making this claim. Right then and there Frost lost all trust he had established with Robinson and things went downhill quickly. It was pointed out that when Robinson committed to Nebraska Frost never call his parents to thank them for putting their trust in him and the Nebraska program. These factors raised major red flags in the Robinson's mind as well as those close to him. He was torn between leaving home to play 750 miles away in lieu of staying in-state and playing his college ball 30 minutes from his house. Robinson chose the brand he can trust.

Nebraska fans are screaming foul play and that Kentucky "dropped a bag" but that isn't the case in this situation. If anyone dropped anything, it was Scott Frost dropping the ball inches from the goal line metaphorically or literally dropping a crucial phone call just hours away from landing one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country."

This is my inside info on the situation. Most of you guys on this site have been rational and pretty cool about the situation. Unfortunately, a fringe group of crazies on twitter are slandering a good kid's name. I can assure you that no money changed hands last night and this was a simple case of a long distance school failing to pull an elite recruit from the clutches of a hometown school.

All of this being said, I believe that Nebraska has some of the best/loyal fans in the country and the large majority of y'all are good people.”

Hopefully, this sobers some people up about throwing out accusations before facts are provided. Of course, the question can be posed if this version of the story is true. The point remains nothing has been verified, so I would urge everyone (especially those posting on this site) to be reserved in public judgement. It makes us look oafish otherwise.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

Which completely goes against Frosts mentality and everything he’s preached to the players and media that positions and playing time are earned, nothing is promised...   

Exactly. It's less believable than Kentucky throwing $100k and a good job at him. 

• Plus1 3
Just now, Danimal said:

Hopefully the "looking for a bagman" rumor is just that and we can make another run at him. Our O has been picking-up considerable momentum, could be turning a lot of heads by the end of the season. 

I'm not sure I'd be leaving home after seeing a fan base get so vicious so quickly no matter how good the offense was.

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Exactly. It's less believable than Kentucky throwing $100k and a good job at him. 

Yeah I dont believe that story at all. Goes against everything Frost has done and said to date. Plus lets be real Spielman is what of the best players in the country- but we are going to switch his position to make an unproven high school kid happy. 

Umm No.

• Plus1 6
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic