WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Dan_F_31 said:

I can hear Vince Marrow saying, “ They have Spielman at the R. You won’t see the field for 2 years! You better get confirmation that there will be an opportunity for playing time because Spielman is their best WR. I doubt they move him off of the R position.”

s#!t if he would have come to a live game he would see we are not even using the duck R this year. That spot would be his 

43 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Via Dave Lackford, Kentucky Rivals lead reporter:

“Thanks man. I came on here and told you guys that Wandale was a done deal to Nebraska. When I posted that he was. I know that y'all probably look at me as a guy who brought fake news but at the time I posted that he told me Nebraska was his pick. For some insight on what happened I feel I owe you all this explanation and here is what I posted on the UK site:

"Big day for the Football 'Cats no doubt. Ok here is how it all went down. So if you have been on twitter today you have noticed that Nebraska fans are MAAAADDDDD. Whoa boy I'm talking bang your head on a stud in the wall mad.

Here is what really went down: Robinson was set to commit to Nebraska as recently as 4:00 last night. A coach at Nebraska told Robinson that JD Spielman, who plays the "R" in Nebraska's offense and is having a great season would be moved to the "X receiver" position to allow Robinson to take his spot as the "R" next year. In Nebraska's offense, and most offenses, the X is the receiver who lines up on the line of scrimmage, usually on the boundary side, and cannot go in motion. This seemed fishy to people around Robinson because Spielman is 5-foot-9 and typically receivers who play the X are over 6-foot-2. While it is rare that a player of Spielman's stature plays the X, it does happen.

Empty promises however, are frequent in recruiting and Robinson wanted a final confirmation before he announced.

According to my source, sometime after 4:00PM a Nebraska coach or Scott Frost himself made a call to talk about this promise. Frost denied ever saying a position change was suggested to Robinson. Robinson was a party to this phone call and was surprised to hear the coach deny making this claim. Right then and there Frost lost all trust he had established with Robinson and things went downhill quickly. It was pointed out that when Robinson committed to Nebraska Frost never call his parents to thank them for putting their trust in him and the Nebraska program. These factors raised major red flags in the Robinson's mind as well as those close to him. He was torn between leaving home to play 750 miles away in lieu of staying in-state and playing his college ball 30 minutes from his house. Robinson chose the brand he can trust.

Nebraska fans are screaming foul play and that Kentucky "dropped a bag" but that isn't the case in this situation. If anyone dropped anything, it was Scott Frost dropping the ball inches from the goal line metaphorically or literally dropping a crucial phone call just hours away from landing one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country."

This is my inside info on the situation. Most of you guys on this site have been rational and pretty cool about the situation. Unfortunately, a fringe group of crazies on twitter are slandering a good kid's name. I can assure you that no money changed hands last night and this was a simple case of a long distance school failing to pull an elite recruit from the clutches of a hometown school.

All of this being said, I believe that Nebraska has some of the best/loyal fans in the country and the large majority of y'all are good people.”

Frost promised he was going to move our best offensive player (record breaking Freshman All-American I might add) to make room for a kid who hasn't played a down of D1 ball?

Bulls#!t.

Total CYA by UK.

• Plus1 6
34 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Via Dave Lackford, Kentucky Rivals lead reporter:

“Thanks man. I came on here and told you guys that Wandale was a done deal to Nebraska. When I posted that he was. I know that y'all probably look at me as a guy who brought fake news but at the time I posted that he told me Nebraska was his pick. For some insight on what happened I feel I owe you all this explanation and here is what I posted on the UK site:

"Big day for the Football 'Cats no doubt. Ok here is how it all went down. So if you have been on twitter today you have noticed that Nebraska fans are MAAAADDDDD. Whoa boy I'm talking bang your head on a stud in the wall mad.

Here is what really went down: Robinson was set to commit to Nebraska as recently as 4:00 last night. A coach at Nebraska told Robinson that JD Spielman, who plays the "R" in Nebraska's offense and is having a great season would be moved to the "X receiver" position to allow Robinson to take his spot as the "R" next year. In Nebraska's offense, and most offenses, the X is the receiver who lines up on the line of scrimmage, usually on the boundary side, and cannot go in motion. This seemed fishy to people around Robinson because Spielman is 5-foot-9 and typically receivers who play the X are over 6-foot-2. While it is rare that a player of Spielman's stature plays the X, it does happen.

Empty promises however, are frequent in recruiting and Robinson wanted a final confirmation before he announced.

According to my source, sometime after 4:00PM a Nebraska coach or Scott Frost himself made a call to talk about this promise. Frost denied ever saying a position change was suggested to Robinson. Robinson was a party to this phone call and was surprised to hear the coach deny making this claim. Right then and there Frost lost all trust he had established with Robinson and things went downhill quickly. It was pointed out that when Robinson committed to Nebraska Frost never call his parents to thank them for putting their trust in him and the Nebraska program. These factors raised major red flags in the Robinson's mind as well as those close to him. He was torn between leaving home to play 750 miles away in lieu of staying in-state and playing his college ball 30 minutes from his house. Robinson chose the brand he can trust.

Nebraska fans are screaming foul play and that Kentucky "dropped a bag" but that isn't the case in this situation. If anyone dropped anything, it was Scott Frost dropping the ball inches from the goal line metaphorically or literally dropping a crucial phone call just hours away from landing one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country."

This is my inside info on the situation. Most of you guys on this site have been rational and pretty cool about the situation. Unfortunately, a fringe group of crazies on twitter are slandering a good kid's name. I can assure you that no money changed hands last night and this was a simple case of a long distance school failing to pull an elite recruit from the clutches of a hometown school.

All of this being said, I believe that Nebraska has some of the best/loyal fans in the country and the large majority of y'all are good people.”

Word from Sean Callahan is the story is actually something like this - obviously the details varying depending on who you ask. 

It was actually a trainer/mentor of Robinson's that Robinson is very close to that called Frost.  But Frost had never talked to this guy before.  It wasn't specified how the talk of Speilman switching positions came up - it wasn't explicitly said in the report if Robinson thought it had been previously promised or if this trainer was the one who brought it up - but Frost said that it had never been  said before.  Those two got into it a bit and Robinson ended up switching to Louisville.  It wasn't specified if Robinson was on the call or the trainer only talked to him afterwards.

However, Troy Walters then got a hold of Robinson and started working on him again.  The Huskers don't feel it is over and are going to keep after him hard.

Also, it was noted that should Brohm go to Louisville, that would be very interesting to Robinson.  He really likes Brohm's offense but didn't want to go to Purdue with Moore playing the same spot.  But with Brohm at a different spot - which also happens to be where the above trainer lives - that might be pretty attractive to Robinson.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word from Sean Callahan is the story is actually something like this - obviously the details varying depending on who you ask. 

It was actually a trainer/mentor of Robinson's that Robinson is very close to that called Frost.  But Frost had never talked to this guy before.  It wasn't specified how the talk of Speilman switching positions came up - it wasn't explicitly said in the report if Robinson thought it had been previously promised or if this trainer was the one who brought it up - but Frost said that it had never been  said before.  Those two got into it a bit and Robinson ended up switching to Louisville.  It wasn't specified if Robinson was on the call or the trainer only talked to him afterwards.

However, Troy Walters then got a hold of Robinson and started working on him again.  The Huskers don't feel it is over and are going to keep after him hard.

Also, it was noted that should Brohm go to Louisville, that would be very interesting to Robinson.  He really likes Brohm's offense but didn't want to go to Purdue with Moore playing the same spot.  But with Brohm at a different spot - which also happens to be where the above trainer lives - that might be pretty attractive to Robinson.

Sounds like a kid that doesn't want to compete for his spot on the field.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So youre saying it’s not over and the husker fan base shouldn’t be dragging the kid through the mud...

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

With the way that Husker fans have acted the last 36 hours, I wouldn’t blame Robinson for crossing us off the list if he were to change from UK.

As sad as it is I dont think it really impacts kids. This happens every year with lots of kids. I am sure he has seen it with his buddies and plenty of other recruits over the years. I have seen many times recruits end up going to the school with the fans that "embarassed themselves". 

These kids pick because of the school and coaches. They realize there are idiot fans everywhere so its really not as dramatic as one things.

5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

With the way that Husker fans have acted the last 36 hours, I wouldn’t blame Robinson for crossing us off the list if he were to change from UK.

Ehhh. It plays a role but I think relationship with coaches and what the school has to offer would ultimately override any unsavory fan behavior. Any fan base has these fans. If he flipped from Kentucky the Kentucky fans would be ripping on him so I don't know what kind of difference it really makes. Not to excuse any fans from this type of behavior though, it is disgusting.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic