Mavric

WR Wandale Robinson [Kentucky Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Wandaaaale, come back to me. 

I need you and I love you, baaaaby,

Wandale, come back to me...

thats what I think I see his name. 

You might want to delete this when you sober up.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

You might want to delete this when you sober up.

What time of night was that?? Oh yeah, no I was clean and sober ;) just on one though!

1 minute ago, Ziebol said:

“As of right now, Nebraska is probably my leader. And then everybody else, it’s really close,” Robinson said. “Everybody has a chance as of right now. I’m not set on anybody. I haven’t ruled anybody out. That’s just, as of right now, that’s who I believe is my leader.”

He took his official visit to Lincoln during the first weekend of the college season. Weather ultimately canceled the Cornhuskers’ opener, but he already felt like he’d be a good fit for new head coach Scott Frost’s offense, and Robinson gained a greater understanding and appreciation for the history behind that storied program while he was there.

“I really liked it,” he said. “I didn’t really get the tradition side of everything until I got out there. And really just seeing all those fans and how crazy they are about football. Just seeing everything they have to offer. I didn’t think it would be anything like it was. I just thought it would be a bunch of fields and just nothing out there. But they really have a lot to offer.”

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Where does this facade come from that all we have are cornfields and that's it?  So basically we're a giant cornfield and out pops a University. 

3 hours ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Where does this facade come from that all we have are cornfields and that's it?  So basically we're a giant cornfield and out pops a University. 

Funny thing is, places like Happy Valley are a million times more middle of nowhere than Lincoln. 

• Plus1 2

On 9/17/2018 at 10:41 PM, Savage Husker said:

Wandaaaale, come back to me. 

I need you and I love you, baaaaby,

Wandale, come back to me...

thats what I think I see his name. 

Wandale just listed Nebraska in the lead. He must have seen this post.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, FrankWheeler said:

This is an unacceptable use of a 'Boom'.  

You're not my father, mother or a mod, so you can shove it up your cramhole, lafleur.

10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You're not my father, mother or a mod, so you can shove it up your cramhole, lafleur.

HITTINGBATONINHAND.gif

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ScottyIce said:

Boom.

Unacceptable use of Boom.  That word should mean more than a probable, might be a leader to a kid

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

I agree.... use yay, yippie, or oh man....

boom should be reserved for an N dagnabbit

N is N.

Boom is Bo’s.

Bo died.

Frost lives on.

Nebraska didn’t just get better.

• Plus1 1

50 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

N is N.

Boom is Bo’s.

Bo died.

Frost lives on.

Nebraska didn’t just get better.

Agee to disagree.  Not going to allow the boom

33 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Agee to disagree.  Not going to allow the boom

What are you going to do to stop me exactly?

Boom.

2 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Oh my lanta.....  good day sir

I do have to say Scotty Ice and St. Paul are some of the best threads to read. Always entertaining

8 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

His stat lines seem better than a .89 4 star

He also plays against horrible competition, and that probably doesn’t help.  Still a hell of a player.

Update per 24/7 on his Alabama update : It's us and Alabama at the top of the list. Frost and Held continue to talk to him and he is considering visiting Kentucky or Ohio State for his last official. He plans to commit sometime during the middle of October.

• Plus1 6

1 hour ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I guess they carry weight just because of who they are, but has Bama successfully used a back like him? Doesnt seem like a good fit. 

Fit doesn't matter to some when they actually have a chance at getting a National Championship.  A lot can be ignored by some kids that want it now.

• Plus1 2

I would venture to guess that if the greatest college coach ever is recruiting you, he has a plan on how to best utilize your abilities.

1 minute ago, StPaulHusker said:

I would venture to guess that if the greatest college coach ever is recruiting you, he has a plan on how to best utilize your abilities.

Idk if that is true.  OJ Howard in a different offense could have been a 1k yard TE and probably would have helped his draft stock. Saban doesnt venture too far from his boring offense. Now Bama does get a lot of eyes so they get a lot of player drafted and about half of them over-drafted. 

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Idk if that is true.  OJ Howard in a different offense could have been a 1k yard TE and probably would have helped his draft stock. Saban doesnt venture too far from his boring offense. Now Bama does get a lot of eyes so they get a lot of player drafted and about half of them over-drafted. 

He was a Mackey award finalist, won a championship, and was a first-round pick. Hard to argue he wasn't utilized properly or that Saban's offense hurt his stock- how much higher could it go? Being over-drafted isn't really a downside for the player, and whether you think you "fit" or not if Bama says they want you that means something.

• Plus1 3

20 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

There aren't a lot of 1,000 yard TE's in college football.

And Howard was the #19 overall pick in 2017.  Only 6 TE's have been drafted higher than that in the last 20 years

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

There aren't a lot of 1,000 yard TE's in college football.

And Howard was the #19 overall pick in 2017.  Only 6 TE's have been drafted higher than that in the last 20 years

There are very few players with the physical tools of someone like Howard. 

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

He was a Mackey award finalist, won a championship, and was a first-round pick. Hard to argue he wasn't utilized properly or that Saban's offense hurt his stock- how much higher could it go? Being over-drafted isn't really a downside for the player, and whether you think you "fit" or not if Bama says they want you that means something.

I wasn't saying being over-draft was a downside. I was making both sides of the argument. Pretty obviously i thought. It pretty universally agreed that he was under utilized at Bama. It worked out for him because he is a physical freak, but the point is Saban(or more accurately maybe Kiffin at the time) didnt change his offense for a single player.  Of course if he had to he could do that probably, although you dont know until he does it, but if he is winning with huge backs pounding the ball then why would he switch it up. 

Gotcha. I do think plenty of players don't care if the offense isn't a perfect fit for them though. Instead of looking at it as they won't use him to the best of my abilities, it's however they use him he's going to win a lot. And it will probably prepare him better for the NFL, although that's a little more strength and conditioning than scheme IMO.

37 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Visiting OSU this weekend and Fong dropped a CB for them. RIP.

Hmm. 

Most recent reports were Bama and Nebraska at the top. I guess we will see how the visit goes.

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Visiting OSU this weekend and Fong dropped a CB for them. RIP.

I am assuming you mean Ohio State. They have a road game at PSU. I would be surprised if he is visiting this weekend. 

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

It's really depressing that he will be tOSU bound after naming us his leader a week ago. 

• Plus1 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

It's really depressing that he will be tOSU bound after naming us his leader a week ago. 

I see what you did there -- LOL

• Upvote 1