WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

You know....On second thought, I don't think Kentucky gave Wandale any money.:D

Oh, I'm pretty sure they did, but Wandale so badly didn't want to go to UK he said f#&% it and gave it back and apologized to everyone who wasn't going to be getting their $$$$ come his NLI day.

Wandale has the potential to grow into an "Emmitt Smith" type back for Nebraska.

Emmitt Smith had 106 TDs in his high school career. Wandale had 87 in his Junior and Senior seasons alone (counting "other" TDs).

Emmitt Smith averaged 8 yds/carry as a Senior. Wandale averaged 9.5 yds/carry and that was down from the 13 yds/carry he had as a Junior.

He's probably way more of a receiving threat than Emmitt was also (in high school).

1 minute ago, cheekygeek said:

Wandale has the potential to grow into an "Emmitt Smith" type back for Nebraska.

Emmitt Smith had 106 TDs in his high school career. Wandale had 87 in his Junior and Senior seasons along (counting "other" TDs).

Emmitt Smith averaged 8 yds/carry as a Senior. Wandale averaged 9.5 yds/carry and that was down from the 13 yds/carry he had as a Junior.

He's probably way more of a receiving threat than Emmitt was also (in high school).

Wandale reminds me of Lesean Mccoy/Barry Sanders.

Once Zach Duval starts molding him, look out.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Over the years, I have grown to not get that excited when a player like this commits to Nebraska.  That's mainly from the fact that we have had so many highly rated players like this never get to campus, not develop, transfer after a year or two.....etc...that I've just grown unemotional about it.

However, this staff's ability to develop these types of players and bring them in with the right attitude...etc.  has me starting to allow excitement again to sneak in.

This.
Nebraska fans have PTSD from the previous administration/coaching staffs. That doesn't go away overnight.

9 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

This.
Nebraska fans have PTSD from the previous administration/coaching staffs. That doesn't go away overnight.

Agreed. It's a bigger problem for me when I'm watching games. I always assume ever flag is on Nebraska, every opponent's deep pass will go to a wide open receiver, every Nebraska deep pass will be intercepted and that every time an opponent has 3rd and long it will be converted for a 1st down.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic while I watch games, but the last 15-20 years has colored my negative thoughts. Weirdly though, I'm usually pretty positive during the week.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Huskinator said:

This offense is going to be insane.  The speed and weapons available, wow.  

Hopefully most of these kids stay for the long haul and trust Frost's system of development/coaching.  We could be really dangerous on O hopefully as early as next year.

Not to be a downer, with such great news, but does anybody think this causes any of the following to reconsider their commitments?

The Huskers have three commits at the position with junior college runner Dedrick Mills in the fold along with prep players Ronald Thompkins and Rahmir Johnson.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]