WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, cheekygeek said:

Not to be a downer, with such great news, but does anybody think this causes any of the following to reconsider their commitments?

No. Mills is a power back, Johnson is the new Washington, and Thompkins will redshirt. Plus, Robinson is going to most likely be a WR/Wingback (Duck-R, if you're nasty). 

7 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Wandale has the potential to grow into an "Emmitt Smith" type back for Nebraska.

Emmitt Smith had 106 TDs in his high school career. Wandale had 87 in his Junior and Senior seasons alone (counting "other" TDs).

Emmitt Smith averaged 8 yds/carry as a Senior. Wandale averaged 9.5 yds/carry and that was down from the 13 yds/carry he had as a Junior.

He's probably way more of a receiving threat than Emmitt was also (in high school).

Wandale has more straight ahead speed though — 4.2 I believe. 

3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Wandale has the potential to grow into an "Emmitt Smith" type back for Nebraska.

Emmitt Smith had 106 TDs in his high school career. Wandale had 87 in his Junior and Senior seasons alone (counting "other" TDs).

Emmitt Smith averaged 8 yds/carry as a Senior. Wandale averaged 9.5 yds/carry and that was down from the 13 yds/carry he had as a Junior.

He's probably way more of a receiving threat than Emmitt was also (in high school).

Fully Husked now:nanalama

On 12/5/2018 at 2:26 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think he ends up at WR exclusively...we have too many RBs coming in for him to try and stick there. 

I think he'll line up as both.  Just a guess but he could definitely cause a lot of potential mismatches depending on where you line him up.  It will be really nice having two shifty running backs with speed who can also catch out of the backfield who both have good enough hands (and iq) to line up as slot receivers.

2 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Not to be a downer, with such great news, but does anybody think this causes any of the following to reconsider their commitments?

I think one of the biggest allure's of Frost's offense is the flexibility, creativity, and available touches for skill position players. He can show kids the stat sheets and explain where he wants to go and how he wants to use them. I think that's how he's selling so many high value skill athletes by basically saying 'hey, we have a lot of touches to go around and we have our quarterback of the future who did X as a true freshman."

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]