WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

If you are skeptical about him going to UK for valid reasons, you should be much more skeptical about his reasons to come to NU.  We made his final cut despite not being closer to home, not having as successful of a program, not having the pull of the SEC, not having better weather, and probably a few other reasons.  How much money do you think we offered him?

If everything on here is true, and he picks Kentucky.... apparently not enough.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Its pretty simple. We have the draw of being a blue blood program, great facilities, big ten football, one of hottest coaches in the country and the EXACT offense he wants to play in. 

Yes not close to home- but thats obviously not huge on his list since ohio state was in the final group. Historically successful program viewed by many to be on the rise, being in the SEC doesnt matter if you are the historical punching bag of the SEC, weather is a good argument.

Columbus is 3 hours from Frankfort and Lincoln is 11.  That's a big difference to me.  Nebraska no longer has the facilities edge that we once had.  The SEC is bringing in more money and I'm sure Kentucky has been spending it.  The SEC probably has a better perception in Kentucky than the Big Ten does.  We might have the coaching edge, but we are currently 2-6 while Kentucky is 7-1, so that wouldn't be a hard sell for them.  Have you seen how many times they give the ball to Benny Snell?  I'm sure that doesn't hurt.

1 minute ago, STL Husker said:

Columbus is 3 hours from Frankfort and Lincoln is 11.  That's a big difference to me.  Nebraska no longer has the facilities edge that we once had.  The SEC is bringing in more money and I'm sure Kentucky has been spending it.  The SEC probably has a better perception in Kentucky than the Big Ten does.  We might have the coaching edge, but we are currently 2-6 while Kentucky is 7-1, so that wouldn't be a hard sell for them.  Have you seen how many times they give the ball to Benny Snell?  I'm sure that doesn't hurt.

I dont watch Kentucky. But is it your standard hand off to a runningback? If so that is not what type of player Wandale is. He wants to be the RB/WR hybrid. 

1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Its embarrassing people jump to the conclusion that this is about money. It's his hometown school, 30 minutes away from him with a lot of friends and family there. The same people who say this has to do with $$$ are the same that would take this kid in a second.

Not as embarrassing as twitter will be after he picks Kentucky...

• Plus1 5
5 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

I'll agree.  He might be the most talented but I think Wright and Benhart are much more important recruits for this class.

edit:  I still want him really bad though.

If not Wandale. Who do we go to next? or do we have the players necessary for that duck-r position?

Just now, AlaSker said:

If not Wandale. Who do we go to next? or do we have the players necessary for that duck-r position?

Miles Jones seems to be in line for the position once he gets healthy.  Mo Washington also looks like a good fit if we can build some depth at RB.  If Dedrick Mills can have similar production to Ozigbo, Mo can be moved around the field to get some open field opportunities. I also don't think the duck-r position is as big of a deal as we are making it.  Our offense is doing pretty well without a specific player running it now.  

While it would stink to lose Robinson to UK, Nebraska was able to secure Benhart earlier this week and Wright.  Deep down if you asked me to pick one between Benhart and Robinson...I'd pick Benhart just for pure need and there seem to be alot more guys like Robinson then Benhart..  Proximity helped us to land him and hurt us with Robinson.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, STL Husker said:

Miles Jones seems to be in line for the position once he gets healthy.  Mo Washington also looks like a good fit if we can build some depth at RB.  If Dedrick Mills can have similar production to Ozigbo, Mo can be moved around the field to get some open field opportunities. I also don't think the duck-r position is as big of a deal as we are making it.  Our offense is doing pretty well without a specific player running it now.  

I agree. But how much better or hard to stop/game plan for would we be if we had a true Duck-R talent on the field. We are doing good now, but another dimension just makes us even harder to stop.

I have been critical at times with this coaching staff and their ability to get the players needed to win championships.

What I will say is that they have shown no tendency to go all in on a player to the detriment of the recruiting class or the team.

The last 2 coaches did that.  A lot.  

If Robinson decides he’s better off elsewhere, I am confident the coaches have options.

• Plus1 5
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic