WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So you think the sales pitch about staying home just started yesterday? He has probably been hearing that same pitch from Kentucky for the last 6 months. All of a sudden yesterday that same sales pitch struck a cord? 

Yes. When you have a tough decision sometimes it takes until crunch time to see what's really important to you.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Noahjb said:

Can someone tell me something at all encouraging. Even just the possibility that we still have somewhat of a chance.

Here’s something encouraging: we will still field a football team with, or without, Wandale Robinson.

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

That he is a kid with a hometown school who is doing well this year

Here's what he said about that just the other day: "Their season has been a little bit surprising to me with how well they've done but that's not a big thing for me. I'm trying to find the best fit for me. The record or the season this year doesn't have a whole lot to do with that."

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Ziebol said:

Its embarrassing people jump to the conclusion that this is about money. It's his hometown school, 30 minutes away from him with a lot of friends and family there. The same people who say this has to do with $$$ are the same that would take this kid in a second.

Whats more embarrassing is people not living in the real world and hiding from it when stuff like this is blatantly taking place as described by Jim Rose this morning.  For God sakes, there’s reports about it weekly. 

4 minutes ago, Noahjb said:

Wandale just retweeted this tweet, could be something in our favor considering all of the swing towards Kentucky today?

wandale.JPG

As much as I want to be encouraged by that. How many times have we seen tweets like this before- or they say I am going to shock the world. Then they commit to where 100% of the crystal balls predict.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've seen this before and it makes no sense to me.

Kids change their minds over time.  Why wouldn't a recruiting expert be able to change their prediction based on the information they have at the time?

And look at a guy like Wiltfong who's average days correct is 219.65 shows that the times they do flip close to decision time are anomalies, not the norm. 

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

From this logic, once a bookie sets a line, they can’t change it. 

That's not a parallel. The kid's decision is the result the recruiting expert is predicting just as a gambler is predicting the result of a contest. The line, in any of its myriad of forms, is just handicapping. Since there is no such thing in recruiting, it's parallel is picking a contest "straight up".

So, you'll do me this solid? I may have games I'd like to change my predictions on at halftime.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic