WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

54 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Which is absolutely surprising, given how much vitriol our fans were spewing at him. Maybe they should learn to stay off twitter and let the coaches continue the recruiting game?

Not really. When it appeared Robinson was heading to Nebraska, I’m sure their was a share of nasty comments from Kentucky fans. And there will be again if he flips. I’m not saying he will though.  

1 minute ago, Pedro G said:

Not really. When it appeared Robinson was heading to Nebraska, I’m sure their was a share of nasty comments from Kentucky fans. And there will be again if he flips. I’m not saying he will though.  

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make. 

I couldn’t care less what Kentucky fans do/say on Twitter. My concern is that our fans continually seem to berate kids that choose other schools and it makes us look bad. I don’t really care if other fan bases do the same, I want us to be better. 

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make. 

I couldn’t care less what Kentucky fans do/say on Twitter. My concern is that our fans continually seem to berate kids that choose other schools and it makes us look bad. I don’t really care if other fan bases do the same, I want us to be better. 

Respectfully you missed my point. There is no reason for the young man to be any more turned off by Nebraska fans because a few behave like jerks,  since he most likely experienced the same thing from some poorly behaved Kentucky fans. Of course Husker fans shouldn’t behave badly and should wish the kid well, but that wasn’t my point. Not trying to be difficult — just saying. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Respectfully you missed my point. There is no reason for the young man to be any more turned off by Nebraska fans because a few behave like jerks,  since he most likely experienced the same thing from some poorly behaved Kentucky fans. Of course Husker fans shouldn’t behave badly and should wish the kid well, but that wasn’t my point. Not trying to be difficult — just saying. 

Ok, thanks for the clarification but I’d argue that I understood your point. You’re saying that he most likely experienced the same thing with Kentucky fans. But he didn’t. He never committed to Nebraska, so they didn’t come out in droves to blast the kid. I’d love to see some tangible evidence to prove otherwise. 

This isn’t a new phenomenon. Nebraska fans, for good or bad, are overly passionate and that carries over to Twitter. There have been several recruits over the year that have noted this: Bussey, the WR who chose Louisville last minute, etc.. Reddit’s CFB forum also has had various articles or links to  recruits who have even mentioned the obsession our fans have and how they can fill the inboxes. Again, sometimes this is an advantage but, in this particular case, it is a huge blemish to our image. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Ok, thanks for the clarification but I’d argue that I understood your point. You’re saying that he most likely experienced the same thing with Kentucky fans. But he didn’t. He never committed to Nebraska, so they didn’t come out in droves to blast the kid. I’d love to see some tangible evidence to prove otherwise. 

This isn’t a new phenomenon. Nebraska fans, for good or bad, are overly passionate and that carries over to Twitter. There have been several recruits over the year that have noted this: Bussey, the WR who chose Louisville last minute, etc.. Reddit’s CFB forum also has had various articles or links to  recruits who have even mentioned the obsession our fans have and how they can fill the inboxes. Again, sometimes this is an advantage but, in this particular case, it is a huge blemish to our image. 

If the kid is willing to hear what Frost has to say, he most likely is looking past it. No I don’t have any evidence to back up what I said. I just know most teams have a low percentage of fans like what you are describing — of course they are a small minority. Yes it certainly could be true that there are more on the Husker side misbehaving, based on how you describe our fans as overly passionate. But I’m sure there were a few on the Kentucky side when it seemed to be almost a sure thing he was heading our way. Perhaps you didn’t see it on the message boards you looked at.  But most likely some may had come out somewhere. Just the nature of the beast. We have a lot of good Husker fans like you and me. It’s just that the bad ones stick out like a sore thumb. 

10 hours ago, Pedro G said:

If the kid is willing to hear what Frost has to say, he most likely is looking past it. No I don’t have any evidence to back up what I said. I just know most teams have a low percentage of fans like what you are describing — of course they are a small minority. Yes it certainly could be true that there are more on the Husker side misbehaving, based on how you describe our fans as overly passionate. But I’m sure there were a few on the Kentucky side when it seemed to be almost a sure thing he was heading our way. Perhaps you didn’t see it on the message boards you looked at.  But most likely some may had come out somewhere. Just the nature of the beast. We have a lot of good Husker fans like you and me. It’s just that the bad ones stick out like a sore thumb. 

I would argue most major programs have the same amount of bad fans as we do. We are just more aware of our bad fans because we hear about it and pay attention to it. I am sure it happens just as much at Michigan and the like- we just dont pay attention to their fans and their recruits.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic