WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Too bad ole miss got their sanctions removed today lol... ncaa is a joke tbh

But they didn't. This is the problem with only reading headlines and reddit. Go read the press release that Ole Miss' twitter linked. Their headline was click-bait, they still have sanctions.

• Fire 1

49 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Is Trenton Davis the handler who supposedly called Frost to find out what we were willing to do to get Wandale?

I'd wager a guess he's the skinny kid in the picture standing next to Wandale with beads in his hair.  Can't say I could take a threat such as his serious when he resembles a lampshade with arms.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Assuming no shenanigans I can understand his decision.  Some quotes stood out

"It was tonight," Robinson said late Wednesday night. "Me and those close to me got together and the more I thought about it some things weren't certain and I had to go with who I trusted the most and that was the coaches at Kentucky."

"The program is trending up and it’s exciting to be from the state and know I have a chance to play for them and potentially play in the SEC Championship Game," Robinson said. "I didn’t expect them to be at the point they are now, being ranked No. 9 in the country. I expected them to be better but they have exceeded my expectations."

Not knowing Frost as long and being unfamiliar with Nebraska I can imagine that Kentucky coaches planted the seed that Frost being able to turn our program around was uncertain.  We have shown very little on the field to eliminate that doubt.  Meanwhile Kentucky is where they are although possibly temporary.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Assuming no shenanigans I can understand his decision.  Some quotes stood out 

Assuming no shenanigans, its a pretty logical choice for him. The way he talks about himself - he doesn't seem like a guy that would handle the bench too well. Snell potentially to the NFL next year - Kentucky RB position could be gift wrapped for Wandale. If I was a RB recruit watching Mo right now, I would have to assume I wouldn't be option A at RB for a couple of years.

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Assuming no shenanigans, its a pretty logical choice for him. The way he talks about himself - he doesn't seem like a guy that would handle the bench too well. Snell potentially to the NFL next year - Kentucky RB position could be gift wrapped for Wandale. If I was a RB recruit watching Mo right now, I would have to assume I wouldn't be option A at RB for a couple of years.

I’d imagine 2 of  MW, Jones, Robinson would’ve been on the field at all times with Mills taking reps exclusively at RB for certain drives.

• Thanks 1

It just goes to show you, that recruiting experts don’t really know until the very end, especially with Out-of-State highly sought-after players.  Even if he committed to Nebraska, it is very possible he would’ve flipped to Kentucky anyways. It’s a great loss but it’s not going to break us by any means. 

We don't need another Prima Dona.  Not saying he is, but if the alleged shenanigans about Frost getting a call last night are true.....forget this kid.  There will be others without the baggage.  Don't need that.  

Disclaimer:  The aforementioned shenanigans could be made up and Wandale may be a great kid who just wants to stay closer to home.  If so,  more power to him and I hope he does well.  We'll be fine either way.

• Plus1 1

47 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

I’m telling everyone. Money to high recruits happens. All of them? Of course not? Ones who ask the right programs and have the right people talking For them, they get paid. 

Ah. We probably payed Adrian to flip from Tennessee then. Or does paying players only apply when we miss on one?

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]
  • Huskerzoo pinned this topic