Jump to content
Mavric

WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Roll Skers said:

We have an in home with him Tuesday

Which is absolutely surprising, given how much vitriol our fans were spewing at him. Maybe they should learn to stay off twitter and let the coaches continue the recruiting game?

  • Plus1 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Which is absolutely surprising, given how much vitriol our fans were spewing at him. Maybe they should learn to stay off twitter and let the coaches continue the recruiting game?

Absolutely agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Which is absolutely surprising, given how much vitriol our fans were spewing at him. Maybe they should learn to stay off twitter and let the coaches continue the recruiting game?

Not really. When it appeared Robinson was heading to Nebraska, I’m sure their was a share of nasty comments from Kentucky fans. And there will be again if he flips. I’m not saying he will though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pedro G said:

Not really. When it appeared Robinson was heading to Nebraska, I’m sure their was a share of nasty comments from Kentucky fans. And there will be again if he flips. I’m not saying he will though.  

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make. 

 

I couldn’t care less what Kentucky fans do/say on Twitter. My concern is that our fans continually seem to berate kids that choose other schools and it makes us look bad. I don’t really care if other fan bases do the same, I want us to be better. 

  • Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HuskerNBigD said:

Not really sure what point you’re trying to make. 

 

I couldn’t care less what Kentucky fans do/say on Twitter. My concern is that our fans continually seem to berate kids that choose other schools and it makes us look bad. I don’t really care if other fan bases do the same, I want us to be better. 

Respectfully you missed my point. There is no reason for the young man to be any more turned off by Nebraska fans because a few behave like jerks,  since he most likely experienced the same thing from some poorly behaved Kentucky fans. Of course Husker fans shouldn’t behave badly and should wish the kid well, but that wasn’t my point. Not trying to be difficult — just saying. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Respectfully you missed my point. There is no reason for the young man to be any more turned off by Nebraska fans because a few behave like jerks,  since he most likely experienced the same thing from some poorly behaved Kentucky fans. Of course Husker fans shouldn’t behave badly and should wish the kid well, but that wasn’t my point. Not trying to be difficult — just saying. 

 

Ok, thanks for the clarification but I’d argue that I understood your point. You’re saying that he most likely experienced the same thing with Kentucky fans. But he didn’t. He never committed to Nebraska, so they didn’t come out in droves to blast the kid. I’d love to see some tangible evidence to prove otherwise. 

 

This isn’t a new phenomenon. Nebraska fans, for good or bad, are overly passionate and that carries over to Twitter. There have been several recruits over the year that have noted this: Bussey, the WR who chose Louisville last minute, etc.. Reddit’s CFB forum also has had various articles or links to  recruits who have even mentioned the obsession our fans have and how they can fill the inboxes. Again, sometimes this is an advantage but, in this particular case, it is a huge blemish to our image. 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HuskerNBigD said:

 

Ok, thanks for the clarification but I’d argue that I understood your point. You’re saying that he most likely experienced the same thing with Kentucky fans. But he didn’t. He never committed to Nebraska, so they didn’t come out in droves to blast the kid. I’d love to see some tangible evidence to prove otherwise. 

 

This isn’t a new phenomenon. Nebraska fans, for good or bad, are overly passionate and that carries over to Twitter. There have been several recruits over the year that have noted this: Bussey, the WR who chose Louisville last minute, etc.. Reddit’s CFB forum also has had various articles or links to  recruits who have even mentioned the obsession our fans have and how they can fill the inboxes. Again, sometimes this is an advantage but, in this particular case, it is a huge blemish to our image. 

If the kid is willing to hear what Frost has to say, he most likely is looking past it. No I don’t have any evidence to back up what I said. I just know most teams have a low percentage of fans like what you are describing — of course they are a small minority. Yes it certainly could be true that there are more on the Husker side misbehaving, based on how you describe our fans as overly passionate. But I’m sure there were a few on the Kentucky side when it seemed to be almost a sure thing he was heading our way. Perhaps you didn’t see it on the message boards you looked at.  But most likely some may had come out somewhere. Just the nature of the beast. We have a lot of good Husker fans like you and me. It’s just that the bad ones stick out like a sore thumb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pedro G said:

If the kid is willing to hear what Frost has to say, he most likely is looking past it. No I don’t have any evidence to back up what I said. I just know most teams have a low percentage of fans like what you are describing — of course they are a small minority. Yes it certainly could be true that there are more on the Husker side misbehaving, based on how you describe our fans as overly passionate. But I’m sure there were a few on the Kentucky side when it seemed to be almost a sure thing he was heading our way. Perhaps you didn’t see it on the message boards you looked at.  But most likely some may had come out somewhere. Just the nature of the beast. We have a lot of good Husker fans like you and me. It’s just that the bad ones stick out like a sore thumb. 

I would argue most major programs have the same amount of bad fans as we do. We are just more aware of our bad fans because we hear about it and pay attention to it. I am sure it happens just as much at Michigan and the like- we just dont pay attention to their fans and their recruits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Noahjb said:

I've been ignoring this thread because I thought it was simply talking about how he didn't pick us, do we have a chance now???

 

 

Enough of one that Frost thought it was worth a visit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...