WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

110 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Robinson Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Should be a five star in all reality, if he is 5"10 and 190 he gets a five star.

I believe his size was taken into account too much in determining his rating, while Kentucky isn't amazing in competition they are certainly high for this recruiting class.

8 four stars for this class including Robinson and 12 nationally ranked players as far as 247 is concerned.

I am definitely biased but it seems like his skill set on a slightly larger person would warrant 5 stars.

42 minutes ago, AlaSker said:

Should be a five star in all reality, if he is 5"10 and 190 he gets a five star.

I believe his size was taken into account too much in determining his rating, while Kentucky isn't amazing in competition they are certainly high for this recruiting class.

8 four stars for this class including Robinson and 12 nationally ranked players as far as 247 is concerned.

I am definitely biased but it seems like his skill set on a slightly larger person would warrant 5 stars.

I agree.  If you compare him to tyjon lindsay coming out it isnt all that close, robinson is way better.  Difference is wandale didnt go to a powerhouse program like bishop gorman.  

Now with rating wandale he is not a true RB or a true WR so it is hard to say he is a 5 star all purpose back or a 5 star wr.  But in Frost's system there is no doubt in my mimd he is a 5 star recruit.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

I agree.  If you compare him to tyjon lindsay coming out it isnt all that close, robinson is way better.  Difference is wandale didnt go to a powerhouse program like bishop gorman.  

Now with rating wandale he is not a true RB or a true WR so it is hard to say he is a 5 star all purpose back or a 5 star wr.  But in Frost's system there is no doubt in my mimd he is a 5 star recruit.  

That seems to be the problem with "athletes" as a position. In my mind his skill set is every bit of a five star, his stature is dragging him down.

(our bias counted) I don't have any issue with him being a 5 star APB, since his skills were not displayed as consistently as a WR I can understand the issue in his ATH rating.

But I feel like his skills translate between the two positions to make him a 5 star.

Since a kid can have great hands but be slow and incredibly un-athletic...

Wandale has shown every bit of athleticism needed and strong hands, maybe not great, but very good. (They wouldn't have displayed him the way they did at the AA game if he didn't.)

Maybe with Frost domination, 24/7 will pick up the Duck-R as a position rating. lol :sarcasm

28 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

It does feel like he has to have been knocked a little bit for his size. But at the same time I think that his skill-set and agility are special enough to where they are only possible with his size. 

48 minutes ago, ButButThe90s said:

It does feel like he has to have been knocked a little bit for his size. But at the same time I think that his skill-set and agility are special enough to where they are only possible with his size. 

Yes and no. I feel like similar athletic ability has been attained with players slightly larger. (didn't research hard enough to find comparable players). 

I haven't found a five star player yet that matches Robinson's stature.

Ricky Slade- 5'9 180lbs- Penn state commit-APB 2017

Mecole Hardman- 5-10 169lbs- georgia commit-ATH 2016

Christian Kirk- 5"10 191 lbs- TAMU commit- WR 2015

Kyler Murray- 5'10 190lbs- TAMU commit-dual threat 2015

Adoree Jackson- 5'9.5" 182- USC commit- CB 2014

Those are all the players in the last 5 recruiting classes within 1 inch and 10-15 pounds of Wandale that were rated 5 stars.

If Wandale is at least 5'10 and any weight above 180 I feel strongly that he is a 5 star.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Wan'Dale Robinson [Nebraska - Signed LOI]