RB John Bivens [Nebraska Commit- Walk On]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: John Bivens

Hometown: Dayton, Ohio

School: Archbishop Alter

Position: Running Back

Height: 6-1

Weight: 205

40 Time

Offers: Cincinnati, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, Nebraska, Purdue, Toledo, USC, West Virginia

Visits: 4/21/18 - Spring Game; 1/19/19

Twitter

247 Composite: #401 Overall; #23 RB; .8884; :star:star:star 

Rivals: #27 RB; :star:star:star 
247: #342 Overall; #21 RB; :star:star:star:star 
ESPN

Hudl

• 3 weeks later...

I love this kid's film.

There is an attribute that I want people to watch when he runs. You'll see a subtle bounce when he's toting the rock. I know that sounds a little crazy because he is running, but if you train your eye to notice, you'll see it. It is an attribute that says a lot about the players agility and movement. Yes he is fast, but the other important part is that he has tremendous balance. This allows him to curve and change direction without it being obvious. It is a defenders nightmare.  

Edited by Vince R.
  • Plus1 4
  • 4 weeks later...

On 3/22/2018 at 5:52 PM, Vince R. said:

I love this kid's film.

There is an attribute that I want people to watch when he runs. You'll see a subtle bounce when he's toting the rock. I know that sounds a little crazy because he is running, but if you train your eye to notice, you'll see it. It is an attribute that says a lot about the players agility and movement. Yes he is fast, but the other important part is that he has tremendous balance. This allows him to curve and change direction without it being obvious. It is a defenders nightmare.  

Film is pretty good and he is smooth with good burst and acceleration.  Seems to get good blocks out of the wishbone and gets through first level quick.  Intriguing prospect.  

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Film is pretty good and he is smooth with good burst and acceleration.  Seems to get good blocks out of the wishbone and gets through first level quick.  Intriguing prospect.  

I can watch his film all day. I want him in our class. 

• Plus1 1

18 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Recovering from a knee injury and has academic concerns.

Wiltfong also thinks talent wise he might be the best back in the Midwest. 

He is the best I have seen at the RB position this cycle.

Gosh, I really hope those two issues will be resolved. I wonder what the severity of his injury is. If his grades are an issue, it makes sense then as to why Nebraska doesn't talk to him daily.

Excellent RB.   He blocks, runs quick, decisive, hard to get to his feet, doesn't run out of bounds and likes to cut back, makes people miss and out runs almost everybody.  Near perfect size already.  Can likely carry another 10 or even 15 pounds.   Reads the holes exceptionally well.  Good hands, etc.   He fits the bill for NU perfectly in my view.   Most of his highlights are runs to the right side but the few to the left, he holds ball in left hand instinctively well

• Plus1 1