RB John Bivens [Nebraska Commit- Walk On]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Disagree. Mills is attractive not because of talent (he is), but because of his age. 

I would say taking 3 kids in the same class at the same position is a bad idea. 

In this offense positions are meaningless. As Frost said just today, he just wants five dangerous targets.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Atbone95 said:

Disagree. Mills is attractive not because of talent (he is), but because of his age. 

I would say taking 3 kids in the same class at the same position is a bad idea. 

Age is only a factor if the talent is good enough.  Washington got here the day before fall camp started and made an impact as a true freshman.

Thompkins doesn't play the same position.  Let along what @brophog alluded to above.

the only true running back in this class is Mills...Robinson, Johnson and Thompkins are all flex guys, they want Johnson to know the receiver spots too because they want him all over the field just like Wandale. We are going to have weapons all over the field at all times. I am telling you folks our offense is going to really start to put a hurting on people. Bivens gives us a true RB to go with Mills. It is also of note he could have been back for part of his Senior year but chose to sit it out to not risk it for college. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 2
5 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

the only true running back in this class is Mills...Robinson, Johnson and Thompkins are all flex guys, they want Johnson to know the receiver spots too because they want him all over the field just like Wandale. We are going to have weapons all over the field at all times. I am telling you folks our offense is going to really start to put a hurting on people. Bivens gives us a true RB to go with Mills. It is also of note he could have been back for part of his Senior year but chose to sit it out to not risk it for college. 

imagine in 2 years when our 5 lineman can hold their own and our 5 Flex (RB/WR) players can destroy single coverage  - guess well just have to figure out the QB spot  :)

• 2 weeks later...

11 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

It's time to move on from Mills, potentially not available for the spring, and getting arrested. If this staff truly believes in next man up, it's time to get Bivens.

Breece Hall >>> Mills >>> Bivens  ???  (that's how I saw/see it)

Would have loved to learn more about why we either didn't pursue Hall more for a spot in this class or why he didn't choose us.  Always comes up in my head for this class when things have gone bad with a RB recruit.  Just always felt he was the pure, RB option with power.  Just never understood how a 500 mile radius guy in Top 250 didn't land here.

I'd take Bivens ... but would have loved to have Hall here months ago.  Too late now as he is gonna be a stud at Iowa St.

35 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Would have loved to learn more about why we either didn't pursue Hall more for a spot in this class or why he didn't choose us.  Always comes up in my head for this class when things have gone bad with a RB recruit.  Just always felt he was the pure, RB option with power.  Just never understood how a 500 mile radius guy in Top 250 didn't land here.

I'd take Bivens ... but would have loved to have Hall here months ago.  Too late now as he is gonna be a stud at Iowa St.

Hall is already signed with Iowa State. Move on from him. If Mills doesn't sign we take Bivens

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I don’t think Hall currently, is on the same level of Bivens. There is something about Bivens that makes me believe it’s more than just his injury. His tape suggested that he was one of the best RBs in the country, but his offers and top schools were a little suspect. 

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

I don’t think Hall currently, is on the same level of Bivens. There is something about Bivens that makes me believe it’s more than just his injury. His tape suggested that he was one of the best RBs in the country, but his offers and top schools were a little suspect. 

Hey, that's good input.  Appreciate the info Vince.  As stated in my post, it's too late so move on.  Enjoyed reading your thoughts.

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

I agree with you that the dude looks elite, but maybe the injury did scare some schools off. Either way I wouldn't put too much stock into who didn't offer this kid. Jonathan Taylor only had a few power five offers out of high school and I don't think there is any school in the country that would turn him down now.

I'm from Ohio and think the reason could be a few things.

1. Not enough film on him and if he wasn't attending camps due to injury they couldn't get a look at him there either.

2. Archbishop Alter is a very solid program in OH HS football. However they bounce around from D3 - D4 (D1 being the largest and D7 being the small schools).  So competition could be questioned.

3. Type of offense. Alter is an option offense. Sometimes option RBs don't get the same looks from bigger schools. I found it unusual that the Alter QB is a Missouri commit. 

• Plus1 2
  • 3 weeks later...