RB John Bivens [Nebraska Commit- Walk On]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, FaithfulHusker said:

Schaefer with the CB for us.

I guess we are kind of still in the stage of take the best talent and see what sticks in certain regards. Seems like over load on RB's if it happens but if they think he's worth it he must be good. He has other offers listed but sounds like Toledo is the only other one to do an in-home.

Hit a pretty big ranking drop in December due to injury. Dropped nearly 200 spots and now sits as 5.6 on rivals and .8750 on 247. That might be before 247 updates the composite to match the rivals drop too.

11 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

High risk, high reward. If he is fine, Nebraska may have found their workhorse back for the next 4 years. If not, I don't think they have any issue finding a different home for him in a couple of years. 

Yeah this guy seems like the type of lotto ticket that you see MLB teams take late in the draft.  Dudes with huge intangibles but a red flag of some type.  If he gets back to where he was this dude is an absolute monster.  If he can't get back to up to speed or can't get PT, he'll probably self select himself out.  I don't mind taking another RB because there's no guarantee that Thompkins comes back (although I really hope he does).

2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Yeah this guy seems like the type of lotto ticket that you see MLB teams take late in the draft.  Dudes with huge intangibles but a red flag of some type.  If he gets back to where he was this dude is an absolute monster.  If he can't get back to up to speed or can't get PT, he'll probably self select himself out.  I don't mind taking another RB because there's no guarantee that Thompkins comes back (although I really hope he does).

I know we overuse the term "steal", but if all things go our way, he would be the steal of this class. He could play anywhere in the country. For USC to have their feelers out in Ohio, says a lot. I am glad that we are taking this chance. 

• Plus1 2

9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I dont really see it as overload, How many TRUE RBs are in this class? Mills who is a Jr. is a true RB. Every other RB has been told to learn some WR. I think Frost and Co is just looking for athletes to get on the field and flex all over the place. 

I agree. Between RB/WR/TE we have 7 commits right now.