RB John Bivens [Nebraska Commit- Walk On]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I dont really see it as overload, How many TRUE RBs are in this class? Mills who is a Jr. is a true RB. Every other RB has been told to learn some WR. I think Frost and Co is just looking for athletes to get on the field and flex all over the place. 

Even without that, just look at the RBs we have on roster. Washington and Mazour are tge only guys with any PT under Frost. The only other guy is Bradley and who knows with him. Thompkins is almost sure to RS, this kid probably would as well. We probably want 5 or 6 scholarship guys and taking this guy would go a long way towards suring up the numbers at RB. As I see it you have 

Mills-Jr.

Bradley?-RS So.

Washington-So.

Johnson-Fr.

Thompkins-RS Fr.

Bivens- RS Fr.

Looks good to me.

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Even without that, just look at the RBs we have on roster. Washington and Mazour are tge only guys with any PT under Frost. The only other guy is Bradley and who knows with him. Thompkins is almost sure to RS, this kid probably would as well. We probably want 5 or 6 scholarship guys and taking this guy would go a long way towards suring up the numbers at RB. As I see it you have 

Mills-Jr.

Bradley?-Jr.

Washington-So.

Johnson-Fr.

Thompkins-RS Fr.

Bivens- RS Fr.

Looks good to me.

Looks like a balanced RB group.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Mills-Jr.

Bradley?-RS So.

Washington-So.

Johnson-Fr.

Thompkins-RS Fr.

Bivens- RS Fr.

Looks good to me.

The bolded has nothing to do with if we should take another RB or not in this class.

1 minute ago, funhusker said:

How so?  Something new?  Or there were things that happened before that caused schools to cool on him?  Did they creep back up?

It was pretty vague.  But it sounds like that has been known for awhile and that's at least as much if not more the reason for his lack of interest from other schools than his injury.

My guess would be academics but it really didn't say.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It was pretty vague.  But it sounds like that has been known for awhile and that's at least as much if not more the reason for his lack of interest from other schools than his injury.

My guess would be academics but it really didn't say.

Academics were a question this spring/summer. Bivens says he is good to go though.

2 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

Academics were a question this spring/summer. Bivens says he is good to go though.

He very well could be now.  Or at least to the point that if he gets this semester in order he'll be fine.  But it sounds like there were some issues previously at least.

That being said, one Maurice Washington was in the same boat at this time last year.  And that worked out pretty well.....