Must try places to eat in Lincoln

I know this topic has been somewhat covered in various forums on HB but I want you to list your favorite restaurant in Lincoln and also more specifically in the Haymarket area. And to keep it from being a high end runaway, limit it to places under $25 per person. I know it can be hard to limit these types of things to one favorite place so you can include a couple and/or specify by type of cuisine because it’s probably not fair to pit a pizza place against a steak joint etc.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Redux said:

dleons-lincoln-2422184.jpg

Chicken Burrito

Steak and Egg Burrito

Hash Brown Burrito

Carne Asada Quesadilla

It's funny that was the first one listed. I was actually thinking I'd like to try that since it's been mentioned so many times here on HB. Plus I'm an absolute sucker for a good breakfast burrito.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

dleons-lincoln-2422184.jpg

Chicken Burrito

Steak and Egg Burrito

Hash Brown Burrito

Carne Asada Quesadilla

The man speaks the truth. Just be prepared for the aftermath....

Lazlo's or Fireworks are favorites anytime I come back home (same owners for both).

The Oven has great Indian food and a nice cocktail bar downstairs.

Leadbelly's is an awesome American Bistro with good burgers (Raspberry Beret, get it!)

The Wateringhole opned up another location in the Haymarket, great grilled wings.

Hiro 88 has good sushi

Those are the one I can think of when I was back for Christmas...

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Redux said:

I once couldn't decide between the carne and the chicken quesadilla.....so I got both......and ate them both.

Worth it.

I used to down 2 chicken burritos and rice and beans in high school. My body can't handle that anymore. One and done for me.

Just now, ZRod said:

I used to down 2 chicken burritos and rice and beans in high school. My body can't handle that anymore. One and done for me.

Yesss, I used to grab 2 chicken burritos on the way out of town every week.  No clue how I used to be able to do that.

For BBQ you want Phat Jack's on West O. Best in the state.

D'Leon's is good, but if you want a breakfast burrito, you want The Lincoln. Redux is right, the West O location is the original and best. All of them are owned by the same family, but some are owned by the brother's side and are slightly different. All are good.

For breakfast, the Green Gateau downtown is good, especially on Sunday,  but there's also Cooks Cafe, Penelopes Little Cafe, and (for a greasy spoon), Hiway Diner on Highway 2. 

There are tons of pub joints in the Haymarket and all are fine. Vincenzo's in the Haymarket is probably Lincoln's best Italian food. A lot of it depends on what you're hungry for.

• Plus1 1

I have never been disappointed with Buzzard Billy’s.  Their alligator is great and somewhat surprisingly, I think their seafood stuffed eggplant is one of the top seafood dishes in town.  

Outside of Haymarket, I think Carmella’s is very underrated.  The Parthenon is great and Mr. Hui’s on 33rd is probably the best Chinese I’ve had in the state.  

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, PlzCoolerMe said:

I have never been disappointed with Buzzard Billy’s.  Their alligator is great and somewhat surprisingly, I think their seafood stuffed eggplant is one of the top seafood dishes in town.  

Outside of Haymarket, I think Carmella’s is very underrated.  The Parthenon is great and Mr. Hui’s on 33rd is probably the best Chinese I’ve had in the state.  

Love me some Cajun food, especially crawfish and gator tail. Gonna have to try Buzzard Billy's for sure.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Love me some Cajun food, especially crawfish and gator tail. Gonna have to try Buzzard Billy's for sure.

On 3/6/2018 at 7:59 AM, PlzCoolerMe said:

The others I mentioned:  Carmella's is Italian/Seafood with great wine selection, Parthenon is Greek/Mediterranean with some really nice drink selections.  Both worth a trip outside of the Haymarket.  Venue is right across from Carmella's and also known as one of Lincoln's best.