Must try places to eat in Lincoln

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:41 AM, Making Chimichangas said:

Is Ali Baba Gyros still in existence downtown?  Two gyros, no onion, with extra tzikhi ?tizhiki? sauce was my day after drinking go to.

is this the one with the z-plate?  Oh the late night food memories.

Leadbelly's is the real deal except their menu is way too large.  Everything looks/sounds awesome and the portions are huge. 

8 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Leadbelly's is the real deal except their menu is way too large.  Everything looks/sounds awesome and the portions are huge. 

Yeah, the amount of fries they served with the burger was embarrassingly large. My wife had their nachos (also very good) and it was a huge portion. The menu was large but not ridiculously so, imo.

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Z plate?  I'm not sure.  All I know is their gyros were so damn good!  My friend Tony and I would play NCAA College Football for hours, take a break, and go downtown to grub at Ali Baba.  And after a night of drinking...those gyros were my go-to drunk food.  #AhCollege

Edited by Making Chimichangas
9 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Z plate?  I'm not sure.  All I know is their gyros were so damn good!  My friend Tony and I would play NCAA College Football for hours, take a break, and go downtown to grub at Ali Baba.  And after a night of drinking...those gyros were my go-to drunk food.  #AhCollege

Shoulda got the Z-plate with a lil shakey-shakey dude, you missed out. Z is the ultimate after bar meal!

Well I can say I've had D'Leons now :D 

Pretty darned good breakfast burrito. Had the Hash brown burrito but I think I would've liked the Lincoln better. Only diff is the hash brown has bacon AND sausage and the Lincoln only bacon. But my wife was being all Shiite Catholic on me tonight and insisting I eat no meat (Friday in lent...) so the tricky guy that I am, I figured when she heard me order a hash brown burrito that she wouldn't suspect it to have any meat. Didn't quite work but I ate it inspite of the nagging. It was actually almost exactly the same as a place I get breakfast burritos in Greeley, only difference was that these had sour cream and that's a very good addition.

Didn't get to try Vicenzos or Buzzard Billy's this trip. We were just too wiped out after the all day campus tour so the Friday night meal turned into a late burrito run. Did venture out to the west O location as was suggested. Hope it doesn't cause me too much gastrointestinal distress :lol:

Edited by Comfortably Numb
  • Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Comfortably Numb said:

Well I can say I've had D'Leons now :D 

Pretty darned good breakfast burrito. Had the Hash brown burrito but I think I would've liked the Lincoln better. Only diff is the hash brown has bacon AND sausage and the Lincoln only bacon. But my wife was being all Shiite Catholic on me tonight and insisting I eat no meat (Friday in lent...) so the tricky guy that I am, I figured when she heard me order a hash brown burrito that she wouldn't suspect it to have any meat. Didn't quite work but I ate it inspite of the nagging. It was actually almost exactly the same as a place I get breakfast burritos in Greeley, only difference was that these had sour cream and that's a very good addition.

Didn't get to try Vicenzos or Buzzard Billy's this trip. We were just too wiped out after the all day campus tour so the Friday night meal turned into a late burrito run. Did venture out to the west Of location as was suggested. Hope it doesn't cause me too much gastrointestinal distress :lol:

Did you enjoy the hawt saawce?!

Edited by Redux
  • Plus1 1