What is your claim to fame?

I think we had this topic before, or maybe still have it, but I couldn't find it in my search.

I'll start.

I knew Tom Osborne's license plate # in 2012 and I was too nice to google it.
I was a runner up in the contest to name Lil' Red, but they might've sent this letter to 500 kids. (I don't remember what my idea was).
I once knew 6 digits of Cher's credit card number
I've met Felicity Shagwell (Heather Graham) and Cassandra Wong (Tia Carerre)

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 2

I got in a fight with Tom Rathman in an 8th grade basketball game (and still have his cleat marks in my chest * not really* from a HS football game when we were seniors). 

I gave Jamie Williams a ride to Rozier and Gill’s place one night when we were all students at UNL. If I recall they lived in a house down on D street south of campus. He didn’t fit too well in my Lemans.

I’m listed as the inventor on a patent.

Obviously I’m not very famous.

• Plus1 1

Lived next door to some one that was on 60 Minutes, and not in a nice way (American Neo-Nazi)

Jeff Kinney saved my life.  He was a student teacher when I took gym in high school.  He was spotting the vaulting and I didn't have enough momentum to carry me all the way over so I was heading toward the floor head first when he grabbed my shirt to break my fall.

• Plus1 2
36 minutes ago, huKSer said:

Lived next door to some one that was on 60 Minutes, and not in a nice way (American Neo-Nazi)

Jeff Kinney saved my life.  He was a student teacher when I took gym in high school.  He was spotting the vaulting and I didn't have enough momentum to carry me all the way over so I was heading toward the floor head first when he grabbed my shirt to break my fall.

I was hoping you were gonna tell us about that time you made a giant pancake for Macaulay Culkin

Went to Texas to visit my brother and meet my hero Earl Campbell. He didn't show up and i had to "settle" for meeting Mickey Mantle. I was very let down at 15, but looking back i probably shouldn't have been.

I beat Gerry Gdowski in a 400 meter race once . It was just us there, but WE know ! Disclaimer , he still continually kicked my ass in every other sport all through school,  but there was that one time...

I met Michael Jackson's dad at the Flamingo in Vegas.

I met Jenna Jameson at a "Club" once.

I won a shrimp eating contest at Bonanza , God i hate shrimp now.

so yeah i basically got nuthin. lol

good idea for a thread though

Edited by Big Red 40
  • Plus1 2

I'm in 311s first music video

I tackled Ahman Green once.  I filled the hole, saw him coming,  I turtled up as he was about to truck me and he tripped.

Grew up in Bellevue and played pick up basketball with Erick Strickland and Andre Woolridge.

Played soccer against Reggie Baul, incredibly fast, but horrible soccer player.  I'm surprised anyone wanted to give him a college scholarship in that sport.

Edited by sho
  • Plus1 5