Huskers vs. Cal Poly

40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Did you think last year's Big Ten Championship season was miserable?

Ya it’s not like we had to have help from several teams to lose the last week of the season to claim the B1G title

Remind me how our postseason has looked the past 3 years again???

Edited by Dewiz

12 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

Ya it’s not like we had to have help from several teams to lose the last week of the season to claim the B1G title

Remind me how our postseason has looked the past 3 years again???

It doesn’t matter how it happened, NU won the outright conference title. Yes, the team didn’t do well in the postseason, but if you think last season was miserable, then you are a grump. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It doesn’t matter how it happened, NU won the outright conference title. Yes, the team didn’t do well in the postseason, but if you think last season was miserable, then you are a grump. 

I’m sorry but Nebraska needed help from several teams the last week of the season to win the outright championship in a very weak conference. Sure it was nice to win the Conference but to have another embarrassing showing in the B1G tournament and regionals for the 3rd straight year is embarrassing hence the miserable comment. 

Erstad in his 6th year still can’t develop his players. There’s no growth at all especially at pitching. 

Can you honestly say that you’ve seen improvement in the baseball program under Erstad?

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, Dewiz said:

I’m sorry but Nebraska needed help from several teams the last week of the season to win the outright championship in a very weak conference. Sure it was nice to win the Conference but to have another embarrassing showing in the B1G tournament and regionals for the 3rd straight year is embarrassing hence the miserable comment. 

Erstad in his 6th year still can’t develop his players. There’s no growth at all especially at pitching. 

Can you honestly say that you’ve seen improvement in the baseball program under Erstad?

You are asking different questions now.  I am definitely not happy with the postseason play and the start of this season.  It is frustrating that the team is not progressing under Erstad. 

But I still say that you are being a serious grump if you are disappointed with a baseball season which ends in a conference championship.

• Plus1 2

16 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

You are asking different questions now.  I am definitely not happy with the postseason play and the start of this season.  It is frustrating that the team is not progressing under Erstad. 

But I still say that you are being a serious grump if you are disappointed with a baseball season which ends in a conference championship.

Pitching has gotten better as the year has gone on I believe with Silva as coach. Would have to research.

40 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Pitching has gotten better as the year has gone on I believe with Silva as coach. Would have to research.

I would agree with that assessment, though the non-con stats are likely skewed since we schedule tough, so the improvement is likely not nearly as pronounced as the stats would indicate. Not knocking Silva--he's a great coach and could be a head coach elsewhere. 

Erstad has defense on lockdown, Silva has pitching usually pretty good...but we're still missing consistent and timely hitting. I know that Erstad won the conference title last season...but if we don't start seeing some improvement year over year, Moos won't have much choice in the matter but to pull the plug on Erstad.

Let's not forget--Nebraska Baseball is one of the few programs that turns a profit (or is relatively revenue neutral). It may not rank as important as Basketball or Football or Volleyball, but I'd say it's a solid #4.

Edited by VectorVictor