CB Tavian Mayo [West Virginia - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

49 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Mayo Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Seems like we are Nebraska alum (Wright) away from not getting one CB this class when we have no depth there. Pretty disappointed overall unless we land Wallace or someone else out of the blue 

I will hold off judgement until the class is comolete.  Dont think we are too disappointed yet.  

I really like taylor and clark that are campus and freshmen.  Need at least 1 more to go along with wright this class.  

35 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I will hold off judgement until the class is comolete.  Dont think we are too disappointed yet.  

I really like taylor and clark that are campus and freshmen.  Need at least 1 more to go along with wright this class.  

Even if they pan out we are way thin at CB from where we should be. Some of that is from the last staff though - hope we at least land one more this cycle 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Seems like we are Nebraska alum (Wright) away from not getting one CB this class when we have no depth there. Pretty disappointed overall unless we land Wallace or someone else out of the blue 

There are always a bunch of names that pop up late in the process. I'd be real surprised if they don't get at least one more after the early signing day.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The last 2 classes we have done a good job of securing highly rated safeties. But I do agree we havnt seen any highly rated true CB interest. Not upset or anything- just worth pointing out. 

This is where I'm going with it. Safeties look solid, but we don't have many true CB. Even L Jackson was strictly a safety in HS 

39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would rather be making CBs into safeties instead of the other way around.

For reference, there are 20 CBs in the 2019 Rivals 250.  There are 21 Safeties.

I would tend to agree with you.  I would have guessed there would have been more of a discrepancy.  Sure seems like Corners are harder to come by.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

For reference, there are 20 CBs in the 2019 Rivals 250.  There are 21 Safeties.

I would tend to agree with you.  I would have guessed there would have been more of a discrepancy.  Sure seems like Corners are harder to come by.

My point is more that if you take CBs out of HS, you will find a few that will grow a little and can add good weight, keep most of their speed and are good tacklers.

It's harder to find a kid that probably was a little bigger than your average CB in HS and so he plays safety.... and that they can be lock down cover guys on the edge in college.

• Mavric changed the title to CB Tavian Mayo [West Virginia - Signed LOI]