Mavric

CB Tavian Mayo

HuskerBoard Predictor  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Tavian Mayo

Hometown: Leesburg, Georgia

School: Lee County

Position: Cornerback

Height: 5-11

Weight: 180

40 Time

Offers: Ball State, Central Michigan, Florida Atlantic, Iowa State, Kent State, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, USF, West Virginia

Visits: 10/20/18 vs. Minnesota

Twitter

247 Composite: #1241 Overall; #130 CB; .8416; :star:star:star 

Rivals: :star:star:star 
247: #106 CB; :star :star :star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

Says his top schools are Nebraska, Duke, Georgia Tech and Iowa State.  Also looking at Minnesota, West Virginia and Washington State.

Set to OV here for the Troy game.  Planning to take all five OVs but doesn't have any others set.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I prefer Miracle Whip.

So do I but if I find myself in a miracle whipless world you best believe I'm looking for that mayo 

• Plus1 1

This will be his first OV.  Doesn't have any other set up yet but is looking to visit Georgia Tech, Duke, West Virginia and Iowa State.

• Plus1 1

Liked his visit

Said we are definitely in his top two.  It seemed like Iowa State was the other one but he didn't really say.

• Plus1 1

Sounds like Huskers vs. Iowa State here.  Hasn't set up a visit to Iowa State yet but he's working on it.  Says Nebraska is definitely in his top two.  

Has a really good relationship with Iowa State's DB coach.

• Plus1 1

Frost, Beckton and Fisher visited him at his HS today. He said Nebraska is his top school.

His team in the state semi's this week. If they lose he will visit West Virginia on Dec 7. Visiting Iowa St December 14th.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

How the hell do they visit so many kids in 1 day. How many energy drinks do they consume to have energy to meet with all these kids, coaches and parents 

Spoiler: 97% of our commits and targets live in the state of Georgia. 

• Plus1 1

Playing in the state championship game Friday.

Has only take one OV (Nebraska).  Plans to take all five OVs and sign in February.

Hasn't had any in-home visits yet but Iowas State due in Tuesday

Nebraska, Iowa State, Georgia Tech and West Virginia are his top schools.  Tennessee and South Carolina keeping in contact but no offers yet.

Seems like we are Nebraska alum (Wright) away from not getting one CB this class when we have no depth there. Pretty disappointed overall unless we land Wallace or someone else out of the blue 

• Plus1 1

29 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Seems like we are Nebraska alum (Wright) away from not getting one CB this class when we have no depth there. Pretty disappointed overall unless we land Wallace or someone else out of the blue 

I will hold off judgement until the class is comolete.  Dont think we are too disappointed yet.  

I really like taylor and clark that are campus and freshmen.  Need at least 1 more to go along with wright this class.  

35 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I will hold off judgement until the class is comolete.  Dont think we are too disappointed yet.  

I really like taylor and clark that are campus and freshmen.  Need at least 1 more to go along with wright this class.  

Even if they pan out we are way thin at CB from where we should be. Some of that is from the last staff though - hope we at least land one more this cycle 

4 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Even if they pan out we are way thin at CB from where we should be. Some of that is from the last staff though - hope we at least land one more this cycle 

Be interesting to see where they have Gates slated.

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

There are always a bunch of names that pop up late in the process. I'd be real surprised if they don't get at least one more after the early signing day.

6 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Be interesting to see where they have Gates slated.

He's good enough to play either. Most project him as a safety though 

The last 2 classes we have done a good job of securing highly rated safeties. But I do agree we havnt seen any highly rated true CB interest. Not upset or anything- just worth pointing out. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

The last 2 classes we have done a good job of securing highly rated safeties. But I do agree we havnt seen any highly rated true CB interest. Not upset or anything- just worth pointing out. 

This is where I'm going with it. Safeties look solid, but we don't have many true CB. Even L Jackson was strictly a safety in HS 

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would rather be making CBs into safeties instead of the other way around.

Yes. I think true CB talent is harder to find that Safeties. I would assume most safeties would play DB if they could- but they get moved to safety for a reason. Probably lack of hip movement or something.

39 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would rather be making CBs into safeties instead of the other way around.

For reference, there are 20 CBs in the 2019 Rivals 250.  There are 21 Safeties.

I would tend to agree with you.  I would have guessed there would have been more of a discrepancy.  Sure seems like Corners are harder to come by.

Just now, Mavric said:

I would tend to agree with you.  I would have guessed there would have been more of a discrepancy.  Sure seems like Corners are harder to come by.

its because none of them seem to come to NU lol 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

My point is more that if you take CBs out of HS, you will find a few that will grow a little and can add good weight, keep most of their speed and are good tacklers.

It's harder to find a kid that probably was a little bigger than your average CB in HS and so he plays safety.... and that they can be lock down cover guys on the edge in college.