Who starts at QB?

2018 Husker Starting QB  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

As I said, we have a couple of beat writers who wrote one or two articles about him and we're ready to put him in front of a guy with a bigger arm, just as much wheels (POB ran option in high school), and game experience at the collegeiate level.

All because of those few articles and a single spring game performance you think he is "impressive at every level" and that he "understands the game".

For EVERYONE in this thread...EACH of our QB's in our QB room have the IT factor.  All of them played for winning programs.  All of them had to be super intelligent.  All of them are winners.  All of them want what is best for Nebraska.  All of them know they are really good and that Adrian is coming in to compete.  All of them are leaders.

It really doesn't matter if Gebbia, POB or Martinez start.  The only one with a leg up at current time is POB because of his game experience.

I know what you said and I’m just telling you what I see. Gebbia throws a better ball, is more accurate, is a better leader, and picks up the offense quicker. 

• Plus1 3

20 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

I know what you said and I’m just telling you what I see. Gebbia throws a better ball, is more accurate, is a better leader, and picks up the offense quicker. 

Nope...he was only good because he had elite talent around him. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Frost's first year at UCF he started and played the two previous QB's on the team the first two games. First game worked since they played a 1-AA team, then those two went combined 6/22 and 0 TDs against Michigan. Milton started game 3 and rest of the year after getting zero snaps in the first 2 games. It will be interesting to see how this plays out with Michigan being game number 4 and us having a good freshman Martinez coming in. 

Especially since Michigan can't figure out how to find a decent quarterback.

17 hours ago, Stumpy1 said:

Frost values a QB with a strong arm and accuracy over running skills.   He does like mobility in his QBs because it adds to his offense but it isn't what he looks for first in his QBs.  He also values QBs who are quick at making decisions.  

If we go by HS stats for our 3 leading candidates,  I would give the nod to Gebbia over anyone IMO.  The kid just knows how to get the ball into the endzone.

Gebbia:  66.3% completion with 141 TDs and 31 ints. in 3 years.  Also had 20 rushings TDs

POB:  70.0% completion with 44 TDs and 18 ints. in 3 years.  Also had 23 rushing TDs.

AMart:  55.9% completion with 39 TDs and 11 ints. in 2 years.  Also had 14 rushing TDs.

I know these aren't the tell all but it gives you a good idea on how productive they were and could be.

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE HUSKERBOARD CONSPIRACY TO SWEEP ANDREW BUNCH UNDER THE RUG

Andrew Bunch threw for 1,331 yards and 13 touchdowns in nine games. He completed 55.7 percent of his passes, third-best among quarterbacks in the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference.

15 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

I thought it was total BS that TLee started at PSU, after not practicing (or very little) all week.  POB should have started that game.  Would we have won, hell no, but give the guy who got all the #1 reps a shot, FFS.

I think that the PSU game was definitive proof that starters were deiced at the beginning of the year and locked in after that. That was complete BS. 

6 minutes ago, theknife said:

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE HUSKERBOARD CONSPIRACY TO SWEEP ANDREW BUNCH UNDER THE RUG

Andrew Bunch threw for 1,331 yards and 13 touchdowns in nine games. He completed 55.7 percent of his passes, third-best among quarterbacks in the Arizona Community College Athletic Conference.

You can't include that!  You have to have his Junior and Senior years in order to have the proper comparison!

ABunch :   67.3% with 65 tds and 9 ints in 2 years along with 21 rushing tds.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, FrankWheeler said:

You can't include that!  You have to have his Junior and Senior years in order to have the proper comparison!

ABunch :   67.3% with 65 tds and 9 ints in 2 years along with 21 rushing tds.

Thanks for making sure the Husker Board Illuminati don't win!

giphy.gif

• Plus1 3

My vote is for Martinez simply because he looks like the best long-term fit for Frost's offense, and given Gebbia has no actual college experience, he and Martinez are in similar positions.  I really think all 3 QBs have good arms and can move and it will come down to decision making ability in scrimmages that will separate them.  

On 3/12/2018 at 5:40 PM, Dagerow said:

I always thought POB was the better runner, but Gebbia is exactly the type of guy you want running a new offense.  He’s smart, works very hard, is accurate, and makes good decisions.  Considering it’s the first year, and Frost has lots of potential weapons in this offense, I think a guy that can distribute the ball well is big.  I also think Martinez will get some playing time early and may become situational if he performs well.  You need heat on Gebbia (from Martinez), and having him not redshirt gives him valuable experience for next year.  Also, considering the size issue with Gebbia, having at least two good back ups is essential.

Good decisions may be the key. Frost has emphasized turnovers in several comments. I don't think Frost would tolerate 3 ints in a game by any QB.