Who starts at QB?

2018 Husker Starting QB  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

POB was blackballed by his teammates when he got here. He came in acting like the savior and was immediately shot down. He also didn't take the weight room seriously at all in his first two years. You know who didn't start off this way? Tristan. Langs hinted at Gebbia being second string after spring but that it was in the best interest to redshirting him. That's impressive. If you watch the football come out of each's hand, Gebbia's has more zip. Gebbia is more accurate and there is enough tape to see that. Gebbia's release is elite. Based on what I saw in the UAA game, paired with a year and a half of not throwing the ball, Adrian will not have enough to unseat the other two. If for some reason, the staff elects to go with AM, I would imagine it has everything to do with his legs and the belief that eventually he will come through. I just do not see how he can come in and out-quarterback the other two. To me, its up to Gebbia. If he wants it, he will get the nod.  

Edited by Vince R.
  • Plus1 7

Definitely have to love the way Gebbia throws the football that's for sure.  Also I'll take accuracy over arm strength any day of the week.

I'm not going to worry too much about who our QB is next season though as crazy as it sounds.  I think with Frost and co if one guy isn't really helping NU put points on the board I think unlike previous staff's you will see a change at the position instead of just sticking with the same guy game in game out no matter how average the results are.

1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

POB was blackballed by his teammates when he got here. He came in acting like the savior and was immediately shot down. He also didn't take the weight room seriously at all in his first two years. You know who didn't start off this way? Tristan. Langs hinted at Gebbia being second string after spring but that it was in the best interest to redshirting him. That's impressive. If you watch the football come out of each's hand, Gebbia's has more zip. Gebbia is more accurate and there is enough tape to see that. Gebbia's release is elite. Based on what I saw in the UAA game, paired with a year and a half of not throwing the ball, Adrian will not have enough to unseat the other two. If for some reason, the staff elects to go with AM, I would imagine it has everything to do with his legs and the belief that eventually he will come through. I just do not see how he can come in and out-quarterback the other two. To me, its up to Gebbia. If he wants it, he will get the nod.  

where did you get all the bad press on POB? source?.......blackballed by his teammates is a pretty strong statement, seemed to me Lee was Riley's boy.

• Plus1 1

If there actually is a clean slate POB can be a starter but it's up to him.  Overall, passing and running ability seems to suit him but it depends on his physical status after Duval gets done with him.  His attention to detail with the weight program will help him.  Gebbie too, but his durability may come into play.  Not sure how Coach Frost wants to evaluate the qb's with just his O scheme or overall talent.  Can't wait for the spring game to whet the appetite.

11 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Gebbia is 190+lbs from the sounds of it.  Milton was 170 this last year.  Can we please stop with the durability stuff. 

Huskers.com has him listed at 185 but you also have to remember that Gebbia is 6'3.  He's definitely a lot more lean than Milton who's only 5'11.  2 totally different frames.

Edited by suh_fan93
  • Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Hearsay is fun. 

facts are better though.  I can make up a 'story I heard' about Gebbia too.  Until it's verified, 2 sources or in print....please stop posting that stuff in a thread like this and post it in the rumor forum.

You think I’m making that up? I personally know former players, Mike Rose being one of them. I live in so cal, worked for a community college football program, have extensive connections in the local coaching community. I have seen those two QBs camp at our school multiple times. Brandon Reilly even went on record saying similar things. So no, I’ll keep that info where it belongs. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

YES.

and I think you should stop posting it here...there is a forum for it called Rumors.

Name dropping on the internet gets you two things, jack and crap...and jack left town.

See how easy that was?

Name dropping? Get out of here. You sound like a punk. Is it name dropping that Quincy Enunwa goes by “BOBO” and I know that because he’s a family friend? But because you don’t know that, it can’t be true right? None of what I said is a rumor. None of it. What exactly do you want me to give you in terms of proof? I’m the only one who actually has his real name on this board. You could trace me easily. I don’t hide behind much. Want to Dm me on Twitter, IG, Facebook, etc? We can. Should I start a thread in the rumor section just to explain that piece I left? Hell, see if you can find the Brandon Reilly segment with 1620 and you will hear most of it. 

• Plus1 6
3 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Dude, drop it please...you're welcome to take it to PM...but it honestly isn't about the topic any longer and it's not really a good thing to derail a thread.  So, I implore you to buck up, move on, and if you absolutely have to have a discussion about this and need to be heard...please do so via PM with me.

I was on topic. You derailed it and have been coming at me all day. Which is fine but take some responsibility in your passive derailment. Back to the discussion at hand. I believe based on what I know, and what has been said by many media members and former players, Tristan has more trust in the locker room and facility. He also has the ability to back it up. I am banking on him taking the job and never looking back. It appears though that POB has benefitted tremendously by the S&C program. The baby fat is finally gone and he has a Pro body type. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

where did you get all the bad press on POB? source?.......blackballed by his teammates is a pretty strong statement, seemed to me Lee was Riley's boy.

Some of the bad press trickled out slowly. Multiple radio show hosts hinted at a locker room issue with him. Brandon Reilly came out and expressed similar sentiments on 1620. I have talked to multiple players, one I mentioned on here already, and I was told that he came in arrogant and his game didn't match. He rubbed a lot of the older players the wrong way and he had to change his approach. 

• Plus1 2

Vince R. has posted accurate info on this forum. He knows more about the game than the average joe because he coaches in the CC ranks. He has scouted and seen these players live and knows their attitude etc. I will trust what he is saying and leave it at that, not everything gets out to the media for it to be accurate.

It seems as though POBs attitude has changed since he was the big man on campus for the spring semester. This QB battle should be fun to watch as no one really knows who the starter is going to be. I am going to say Gebbia because he has some Milton like qualities to him, gets the ball out fast and where it needs to be. He may not be the fastest runner out there but he can get the yards that he needs to get to win the game. More of a methodical runner and has some quickness to him that I have seen. His quick release coupled with his quick decision making and work ethic will go a long way for him in my opinion. 

Edited by HuskermanMike
  • Plus1 3