Who starts at QB?

2018 Husker Starting QB  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Not going to ask you again, and will not reply again.  IF you have such a desire to be heard, PM ME.  If not, move on.   I've been banned previously (3 years ago) for doing the exact thing you are doing now.

Banned for stating things he is very confident in? Don't think he was being over the top on any of his points.

Edited by Waldo
  • Plus1 4

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, zoogs said:

I really think it's gonna be Martinez.

Do throw a poll up btw. I just feel like the way coaches are talking, the kind of year it's going to be...there's going to be a lot of opportunity and the new guy will be thirsty for it. I have no dog in this fight, though. It's an interesting offseason for the QB room!

I give Martinez the edge because if the race is close I think he's the guy Frosts opts for. No matter who starts we are going to take our lumps this season, unless POB or Gebbia can really assert himself as the best  I see them going with the guy perceived to give them the most upside.

11 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Huskers.com has him listed at 185 but you also have to remember that Gebbia is 6'3.  He's definitely a lot more lean than Milton who's only 5'11.  2 totally different frames.

That would have been from the official roster from last year. He's probably closer to 200 by now.

9 hours ago, Vince R. said:

Name dropping? Get out of here. You sound like a punk.

Please keep this kind of talk out of the football forum. If you want to go after someone take it to the Shed.

As for the hearsay/rumors, further discussion of the point belongs in Rumorville and not in this thread.

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Vince R. said:

POB was blackballed by his teammates when he got here. He came in acting like the savior and was immediately shot down. He also didn't take the weight room seriously at all in his first two years. You know who didn't start off this way? Tristan. Langs hinted at Gebbia being second string after spring but that it was in the best interest to redshirting him. That's impressive. If you watch the football come out of each's hand, Gebbia's has more zip. Gebbia is more accurate and there is enough tape to see that. Gebbia's release is elite. Based on what I saw in the UAA game, paired with a year and a half of not throwing the ball, Adrian will not have enough to unseat the other two. If for some reason, the staff elects to go with AM, I would imagine it has everything to do with his legs and the belief that eventually he will come through. I just do not see how he can come in and out-quarterback the other two. To me, its up to Gebbia. If he wants it, he will get the nod.  

appreciate the information vince

• Plus1 5

2 hours ago, Enhance said:

Quote redacted.

This first part is not on topic either, but everytime you post I expect my screen to zoom in...giphy.gif

:D

On topic...I fully expect Gebbia to start the season because of what is between his ears. Martinez hopefully will push him, but I think Tristan is smart enough to thrive under Frost.

• Plus1 1

Interesting conversation with Steve Calhoun regarding the 3 QBs --- He has worked wt POB since 9th grade and Gebbia since 7th grade. 

He says POB has all the tools to succeed in Frost's O including the running ability. 

I always thought of him as being a bit too 'wooden' for that but maybe not when one looks at his HS #s where he ran for 700 yards as a senior.

https://hailvarsity.com/s/3529/steve-calhoun-on-nebraskas-quarterback-race

But Calhoun says that O’Brien is “actually a lot more athletic than people give him credit for, he just never really go the chance to show it in Coach Riley’s offense. In high school he ran an offense very similar to what Coach Frost wants to run here at Nebraska, and he ran for over 700 yards as a senior.”

Regarding Gebbia's toughness, he states the following:

As for Gebbia’s ability to hold up in the run game, Calhoun noted that the redshirt freshman might surprise some people.

“He’s a tough kid, even though he’s a little bit on the lighter side. He can definitely take some hits and get back up just because of his mentality. He’s not going to let somebody get a good shot on him and take him out of the game. He’s going to come back. He’s played hurt before. That’s not going to be a problem with him playing Big Ten football.

“If the pocket broke down he was definitely able to extend plays. He’s sneaky fast. He’d get out there and start running and he’d be running away from linebackers. He can get you 15 yards and get down or get out of bounds.”

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Vince R. said:

I will refrain from using that kind of talk on this board. However, it was not a rumor, and I have zero intention to spread rumors. 

In addition, one should not be allowed to be a passive troll either. He came in hot, I responded, and then he played victim. That is a troll job x12010292.  

By definition, a claimed personal account or information presented without proof is a rumor. Although I have no reason to doubt you, intentions are irrelevant, which is why we often urge caution when sharing that type of information in the football forum.

The rest is not a discussion to have in this thread. Please PM if you wish to discuss further.

• Plus1 2