JUCO RB Dedrick Mills [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

3 minutes ago, Chadhusker said:

Are we still keeping Johnson and Thompkins ? 

I don't think this probably has anything to do with those guys - other than maybe a little insurance against Thompkins' injury.

We were probably taking a third RB in this class anyway.  And that was before Bryant got hurt.  We lose Ozigbo and Wilbon after this year so just re-stocking.

• Plus1 1

I wonder if a kid like this if he had disciplinary issues before. If he will be ok coming in and splitting time with 3 other guys. Say Bell stays next year. You got Bell, Washington and Miles Jones to split time with. 

Thats assuming he comes in and beats out the other new RB's. Thompkins will redshirt. Johnson might be tough to beat out. But guessing if this kid is legit he becomes the 4th next year and thompkins and johnson redshirt to spread out the roster eligibility years. So they would be redshirt freshman when Maurice is a junior. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, by the time he gets here, he's only going to have one year to play....right?

Georgia Tech 1 year

JUCO 2 years

Nebraska 1 year

It looks like he broke his collarbone after 2 games in his first year at JUCO, so he probably got a medical redshirt for that season.  I think he will have 2 years of eligibility left.

• Plus1 4

Just now, Chadhusker said:

There's alot of talent at running back.Something I couldn't say when Riley was here. Hope we can get Robinson. That would be huge. 

Yes depth at RB is really good. Wandale fits more of the Duck-R position where Dedrick is just an RB. We have a fantastic recruiter in Ryan Held and he is so awesome to have on staff. A man that has everything you want in a coach and he is an even better person. 

Excited to see what Dedrick brings to the table as I believe he will basically replace the reps Tre Bryant would have gotten in 2019.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It looks like he broke his collarbone after 2 games in his first year at JUCO, so he probably got a medical redshirt for that season.  I think he will have 2 years of eligibility left.

247 confirmed hes got 2 years. 

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to JUCO RB Dedrick Mills [Nebraska - Signed LOI]