JUCO RB Dedrick Mills [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

1 hour ago, gorp512 said:

Have to love how he notes how different and foreign he finds Kansas, yet chooses to be a Husker. Hopefully, the Midwest continues to keep him headstrong and focused. Excited for him. 

I can tell you from first-hand experience, Garden City Kansas is not even remotely like Lincoln. Both places may seem to be geographically related "Midwest" but they couldn't be more different. I spent almost two years of my life in Garden City and Southwest Kansas. To say it sucks there would be extremely nice. Lincoln is an urban Mecca compared to GC 

• Plus1 2

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I can tell you from first-hand experience, Garden City Kansas is not even remotely like Lincoln. Both places may seem to be geographically related "Midwest" but they couldn't be more different. I spent almost two years of my life in Garden City and Southwest Kansas. To say it sucks there would be extremely nice. Lincoln is an urban Mecca compared to GC 

Couldn't agree more, SWKS is practically a desert. It's flat, hot, and has nothing to look at. If you haven't been West of Manhattan or Wichita then you have no idea. I'm sure Nebraska is the same, but the terrain and scenery of Ks changes dramatically from the east to west sides

17 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I wonder if a kid like this if he had disciplinary issues before. If he will be ok coming in and splitting time with 3 other guys. Say Bell stays next year. You got Bell, Washington and Miles Jones to split time with. 

Thats assuming he comes in and beats out the other new RB's. Thompkins will redshirt. Johnson might be tough to beat out. But guessing if this kid is legit he becomes the 4th next year and thompkins and johnson redshirt to spread out the roster eligibility years. So they would be redshirt freshman when Maurice is a junior. 

I would think he'd be ok with splitting carries given the fact GT doesn't throw the ball very often and has to spread the workload around.  It looks like he averaged about 12 carries per game at GT and GT had 2 other guys with similar carry totals (one guy had 152 carries and the other had 96).  

I remember this guy a little bit from watching some GT games that year against Clemson and Miami, he's a talent for sure.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO RB Dedrick Mills [Nebraska - Signed LOI]