JUCO RB Dedrick Mills [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

57 minutes ago, mnhusker said:

I agree , still blowing off court not exactly a brilliant move.

Yeah, it’s not ideal, but people do a lot of dumb things at age 22, including myself. In my early 20s, I didn’t pay a fine for a speeding ticket, and my drivers license was suspended. I don’t know how it works in Georgia, but I see this as a similar incident. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not making a court date for a speeding ticket points to a character flaw? 

No, and let me preface this by saying i don't think this development is that bad, there is a pattern of behavior emerging.  I'm not ready to move on from him yet, but needs to grow up a bit and take some responsibility.  Hopefully our coaching staff can hammer that home with this young man.  We've all done stupid stuff in our youth.  Hopefully most of us grew out of that phase.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Dilly Dilly said:

No, and let me preface this by saying i don't think this development is that bad, there is a pattern of behavior emerging.  I'm not ready to move on from him yet, but needs to grow up a bit and take some responsibility.  Hopefully our coaching staff can hammer that home with this young man.  We've all done stupid stuff in our youth.  Hopefully most of us grew out of that phase.

Yes, he needs to grow up and be more responsible. Since he’s a Juco RB, I’m sure Ryan Held has been recruiting him.  Held knows well what JUCO kids are like, and probably has a good relationship with Mills. If Mills still wants to be at NU, the coaches still probably want him.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Not making a court date for a speeding ticket points to a character flaw? 

Umm... It appears he was originally cited for driving while license suspended (not speeding), apparently a criminal charge in Georgia; which may mean a mandatory court appearance. Just going off what we have, he didn't make that court appearance. Now he may have been naive, but this situation coupled with not being on track to get here in the Spring makes me want to move on.

If he does get here, hopefully someone will take him under their wing and teach him that he needs to be more responsible.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, SECHusker said:

Umm... It appears he was originally cited for driving while license suspended (not speeding), apparently a criminal charge in Georgia; which may mean a mandatory court appearance. Just going off what we have, he didn't make that court appearance. Now he may have been naive, but this situation coupled with not being on track to get here in the Spring makes me want to move on.

If he does get here, hopefully someone will take him under their wing and teach him that he needs to be more responsible.

The kid didn’t do anything criminal? Slow down and let’s see what happens. Always rush to throw these kids out and move on. If he hit a woman sure. He was driving with a suspended drivers License. Not really a big deal. 

11 minutes ago, Snowbird said:

The kid didn’t do anything criminal? Slow down and let’s see what happens. Always rush to throw these kids out and move on. If he hit a woman sure. He was driving with a suspended drivers License. Not really a big deal. 

Not throwing the kid under the bus, just stating what is fact.  If you click here it states the underlying offense is driving with a suspended license and lists it as a misdemeanor.  Futhermore, if you Google 40-5-121(a), Georgia Statute, it indicates this is a criminal offense. So calm down, stop pouting, and realize not all crimes involve domestic violence. 

As for my opinion, which I'm entitled to, I'm simply saying if there is an equal talent, which I believe is Bivens, that doesn't have this new baggage I say move on.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

People are blowing his arrest warrant way out of proportion. He didn’t pay a speeding ticket.  It’s not a big deal. It’s not like he hit a woman or was drunk driving. 

I forgot to pay one once...I sent it in (to the small town where I was pulled over) like 4 months later.  Never heard a thing.

I imagine that sometime cops will basically just take payment for a speeding ticket right when they pull you over.

• Mavric changed the title to JUCO RB Dedrick Mills [Nebraska - Signed LOI]