JUCO RB Dedrick Mills [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

58 minutes ago, Scarlet Overkill said:

That brings me to a question - if he was a full qualifier out of high school, why does it matter what his GPA is at juco, provided he’s passed (and sounds like he has).

I believe it’s because the NCAA bylaws require the completion amount of credits required for the grade classification (junior?), and the GPA for said major, each one having its own required GPA. Said GPA would be required by Nebraska in itself to be accepted into that program.

• Plus1 1
13 hours ago, swmohusker said:

This is what I have been hearing from a buddy of mine that thinks there is a good chance this kid is a D2 player next year.  He had to retake some classes to get the gpa up to 2.5.  Said it wasn’t looking good.  If he doesn’t end up at Nebraska I sure hope he joins sims at southern.  

Agreed.

If it isn't looking good with two weeks to go, I think that tells us all we need to know.

To be fair I think 45% of kids who start college don't graduate. To his defense, he graduated, but not high enough to transfer to D1 college. I'm not stating it is hard to get a 2.5 at juco, but it happens every day where kids fail out or simply stop attending. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

To be fair I think 45% of kids who start college don't graduate. To his defense, he graduated, but not high enough to transfer to D1 college. I'm not stating it is hard to get a 2.5 at juco, but it happens every day where kids fail out or simply stop attending. 

When he was at one time qualified for Div 1 and he knows what it takes to get there, to me, it possibly shows a lack of maturity.  He already was let go from one Div 1 program where he was a potential future star.  Now, he goes to a JUCO and doesn't do what it takes to make sure he qualifies.

Hope the kid gets it figured out and is here next year.  I'm not real confident.

• 2 weeks later...