Driverless cars.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh my gosh, the crazy "save the planeters" love(d) that dude.

It is almost like...people. are hypocrites??  

I think there is a notable difference between people who want to move away from petroleum and into electric, and people who "love" Elon Musk. I mean, Musk's biggest stockholders don't know what to do with him either. Elon's the hypocrite and wild card; not the other way around. 

The dude has alway been a character, the kind of mad genius who makes life more interesting whether you like him or not.

But I think Twitter exposed his worst side:  a guy doing a childish revenge flex, making really bad business decisions out of spite.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think there is a notable difference between people who want to move away from petroleum and into electric, and people who "love" Elon Musk. I mean, Musk's biggest stockholders don't know what to do with him either. Elon's the hypocrite and wild card; not the other way around. 

The dude has alway been a character, the kind of mad genius who makes life more interesting whether you like him or not.

But I think Twitter exposed his worst side:  a guy doing a childish revenge flex, making really bad business decisions out of spite.

No...they are both hypocrites.  It is okay, we all are.

• Plus1 1

My daughter is a student down in Lincoln right now trying to get her undergrad as a mechanical engineer.  She's always been geeked with Tesla cars and the engineering in them.

As a software engineer, I'm loving this entire Twitter thing. I sent her the following:

"Twitter is what happens when you put a mechanical engineer in charge of a bunch of software engineers."

She said, "Whatever."

Then I said, "You could see that Musk doesn't like developers.  He charges 60k for a car that is programmed to drive itself into a wall."

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No...they are both hypocrites.  It is okay, we all are.

If you are holding onto the assumption that "save the planeteers" are mostly liberals, and that liberals loved and trusted Elon Musk until Twitter, that's simply not true. Even if they owned Teslas. 

Also, if you change your opinion of someone because of his words and actions, that's not hypocrisy. That's just changing your mind.

Elon Musk had a pretty good run for several years, but has been his own worst enemy for the last five or so, and his Twitter choices have been serious mind-changers. 

• Plus1 2
51 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you are holding onto the assumption that "save the planeteers" are mostly liberals, and that liberals loved and trusted Elon Musk until Twitter, that's simply not true. Even if they owned Teslas. 

Also, if you change your opinion of someone because of his words and actions, that's not hypocrisy. That's just changing your mind.

Elon Musk had a pretty good run for several years, but has been his own worst enemy for the last five or so, and his Twitter choices have been serious mind-changers. 

I don't equate saving the planet to being liberal.

And if you loved the dude a year ago and now you don't like when he is the same as he was before...that makes you (not you but you know what I mean) a hypocrite, which again, we all are.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, teachercd said:

And if you loved the dude a year ago and now you don't like when he is the same as he was before...that makes you (not you but you know what I mean) a hypocrite, which again, we all are.

I loved Bill Cosby until I found out he was a serial rapist and then with the new info I stopped loving him. Assuming he was the same guy throughout though.

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I loved Bill Cosby until I found out he was a serial rapist and then with the new info I stopped loving him. Assuming he was the same guy throughout though.

No, you loved his comedy and his show.  You did not know him personally.  My guess is you still like his comedy and show.  

You did not love him, you did not know him.  Or maybe you did know him and had a personal relationship with him.

His standup is still brilliant, the Cosby show is still amazing.  If you said you did not think his stand up and show were funny NOW, but you did then, because. of him raping everyone he ever met, that would make you a hypocrite. His show did not change, his stand up did not change. 

Now, if you literally loved Bill Cosby, like you were in love with him, I take it back.  You are not a hypocrite.  But I think you mean you loved his jokes and show.