Sign in to follow this  
Mavric

OT Jayme Simmons [UAB - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Jayme Simmons

Hometown: Alabaster, Alabama

School: Thompson

Position: Offensive Tackle

Height: 6-5

Weight: 255

40 Time

Offers: Middle Tennessee, Nebraska, South Alabama, Troy, Tulane, UAB, Western Kentucky

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite

Rivals: :star:star:star 
247: #55 OT; :star:star:star 
ESPN: 

Hudl

Easy to see that Frost is going more old-school.  They are finding athletic/quick-footed guys with a good motor and a big-frame. Get them in and we'll put good pounds on them,  by their RS-soph year they'll be road-graders. Of course this approach requires more patience,  but we can work Held's JUCO contacts to fill spots of more immediate need. 

• Plus1 2

5 hours ago, Danimal said:

Easy to see that Frost is going more old-school.  They are finding athletic/quick-footed guys with a good motor and a big-frame. Get them in and we'll put good pounds on them,  by their RS-soph year they'll be road-graders. Of course this approach requires more patience,  but we can work Held's JUCO contacts to fill spots of more immediate need. 

Exactly! All that is needed is commitment to this system/philosophy and we will be back to Pipeline U of old.  Whisky is now doing what we had done for years.  Let's get back to that.

It's nice to get in early on this kid since he has few good offers so far. With some good weight training he can be a true force at LT. Has that length and athleticism we have been missing 

Watching this kid play right now.  Will be a good test they are playing Hoover, AL and they are a power house.  Thompson vs Hoover. 1 vs 2 in top class in Alabama.  There is like 13 3 star + players in this game.  

• Plus1 1

Kid looked solid and seemed to hold up well.  I don’t pretend to be an expert offensive line technique judge.  He has a good frame and would be able to get bigger easier.  He was up against a 5.5 3 star a lot of the night and held his own.  He plays RT because the LT for Thompson is Amari Kight (Bama commit, we offered). Hoover (Barrett Pickerings school) won the game.  Hoover’s QB Robby Ashford is a 2020 kid and would be a great fit for our offense- not sure if we have offered.  

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Will be here on the 14th. 

I am so confused, we don't have that many spots.

Think we'll set an ultimatum for Jeremy James then base Simmons visit off that?

Just now, Warrior10 said:

I am so confused, we don't have that many spots.

Think we'll set an ultimatum for Jeremy James then base Simmons visit off that?

Thats what I think as well. I also don't think Bland is a take for us so that opens up another spot. 

3 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Thats what I think as well. I also don't think Bland is a take for us so that opens up another spot. 

Sure, but even taking Bland out we are tight. Good problem to have.

Watched his team play probably 6 times this year.  He was out for a few of those games because of injury.  Nice prospect with good size, wouldn’t say he was dominant out there which you usually like to see in a HS olineman recuit but he more then held his own (from my untrained eye).    The top level of football 7A is loaded with tons of talent and many of the top teams in the region have 5 to 6 P5 kids on each.  He was often going against the best pass rusher the other team had because our LT is an Alabama commit and one of the top OL recruits in the country.