OT Jayme Simmons [UAB - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

27 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Simmons Commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...

Easy to see that Frost is going more old-school.  They are finding athletic/quick-footed guys with a good motor and a big-frame. Get them in and we'll put good pounds on them,  by their RS-soph year they'll be road-graders. Of course this approach requires more patience,  but we can work Held's JUCO contacts to fill spots of more immediate need. 

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Danimal said:

Easy to see that Frost is going more old-school.  They are finding athletic/quick-footed guys with a good motor and a big-frame. Get them in and we'll put good pounds on them,  by their RS-soph year they'll be road-graders. Of course this approach requires more patience,  but we can work Held's JUCO contacts to fill spots of more immediate need. 

Exactly! All that is needed is commitment to this system/philosophy and we will be back to Pipeline U of old.  Whisky is now doing what we had done for years.  Let's get back to that.

• 5 weeks later...

Kid looked solid and seemed to hold up well.  I don’t pretend to be an expert offensive line technique judge.  He has a good frame and would be able to get bigger easier.  He was up against a 5.5 3 star a lot of the night and held his own.  He plays RT because the LT for Thompson is Amari Kight (Bama commit, we offered). Hoover (Barrett Pickerings school) won the game.  Hoover’s QB Robby Ashford is a 2020 kid and would be a great fit for our offense- not sure if we have offered.  

• Plus1 1

• 2 months later...
Just now, Warrior10 said:

I am so confused, we don't have that many spots.

Think we'll set an ultimatum for Jeremy James then base Simmons visit off that?

Thats what I think as well. I also don't think Bland is a take for us so that opens up another spot. 

• Mavric changed the title to OT Jayme Simmons [UAB - Signed LOI]