QB Luke McCaffrey [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

38 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will McCaffrey Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Michigan
    • Ohio State
    • Stanford

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It isn't obvious.  Just because he liked his visit doesn't mean he's going to be willing to switch from QB to WR.

The kid has offers from Michigan, UCLA, Washington, Ohio St....to play QB

I don't think these schools offered him a scholarship at QB. I believe they offered him as an athlete.

Edited by The Murphinator
  • Plus1 1

The word is McCaffrey hasn't played much QB due to couple P5 upperclassmen ahead of him up to this point. He really wants to play QB in college, but understands he needs a lot of developing. This is where we are the perfect set up, he'd come in and be behind Martinez, Vedral and likely Gebbia or O'Brien. Most kids would be turned off by this, however it sounds McCaffrey wants a couple years to develop. He also loves Frost and Mario. 

Most/all other offers are at ATH. Ours is truely at QB and he likes that. 

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I don't think he's as far from the top as you think. He got the treatment this weekend. 

Yep. With Vedral(would start this year if eligible) and Martinez(Hand picked by Verdu/Frost), McCaffery would have ample time to develop and be game ready in the system.

18 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

The word is McCaffrey hasn't played much QB due to couple P5 upperclassmen ahead of him up to this point. He really wants to play QB in college, but understands he needs a lot of developing. This is where we are the perfect set up, he'd come in and be behind Martinez, Vedral and likely Gebbia or O'Brien. Most kids would be turned off by this, however it sounds McCaffrey wants a couple years to develop. He also loves Frost and Mario. 

Most/all other offers are at ATH. Ours is truely at QB and he likes that. 

Where is "the word" coming from?

43 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I am very serious.  I’d like to know how some of these people on here know what the coaches think about a specific player and how they would know an intimate detail of recruiting like who they like better as a QB and why, etc

Not sure you can handle the details

• Plus1 5

48 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I am very serious.  I’d like to know how some of these people on here know what the coaches think about a specific player and how they would know an intimate detail of recruiting like who they like better as a QB and why, etc

I think most of us are doing these things:

1) Reading tons of Husker information, which mostly includes direct quotes from coaches and in this case, comments from Coach Frost and Verdu.

2) Reading excerpts from recruits who have spoken with Frost and Verdu and relayed what they have said to him, to 247, Rivals, etc.

3) Looking back to last year and the Tago situation, realizing that we were going to take him as a QB to give him a chance and then move him if he couldn’t hack it, up until they didn’t have room for him anymore. (That’s insider info in case you didn’t know)

Then, people are piecing all of these thoughts together to figure out exactly what they all mean. Most of us have come to the conclusion that Frost lwants 2 QB’s in this class. 1 that is a sure fire QB and one that is raw with some freak athletic ability and a crazy high upside at the position, and if it doesn’t work out, can play another position. (Another great dynamic of being back to a DT QB offense I might add, considering Pro Passer QB’s usually wouldn’t play another position)

Could we be wrong? Yes. It seems like this is where we are headed though in this class.

• Plus1 7
26 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I think most of us are doing these things:

1) Reading tons of Husker information, which mostly includes direct quotes from coaches and in this case, comments from Coach Frost and Verdu.

2) Reading excerpts from recruits who have spoken with Frost and Verdu and relayed what they have said to him, to 247, Rivals, etc.

3) Looking back to last year and the Tago situation, realizing that we were going to take him as a QB to give him a chance and then move him if he couldn’t hack it, up until they didn’t have room for him anymore. (That’s insider info in case you didn’t know)

Then, people are piecing all of these thoughts together to figure out exactly what they all mean. Most of us have come to the conclusion that Frost lwants 2 QB’s in this class. 1 that is a sure fire QB and one that is raw with some freak athletic ability and a crazy high upside at the position, and if it doesn’t work out, can play another position. (Another great dynamic of being back to a DT QB offense I might add, considering Pro Passer QB’s usually wouldn’t play another position)

Could we be wrong? Yes. It seems like this is where we are headed though in this class.

The coaches have specifically commented on these 2 players and have said who they like better and why?  I doubt that.  Because it would be a violation.

8 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Good to see StPaul taking a page out of Landlords book.

I just find it strange that this coaching staff is barely letting media members watch a spring practice yet so many people on here post comments like they are somehow in the know about what they are thinking with a recruit.  This isn’t necessarily specific to this player.  

So I’m curious where they get this info from such a secretive staff.  

sue me

29 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The coaches have specifically commented on these 2 players and have said who they like better and why?  I doubt that.  Because it would be a violation.

damn probation here we come - Can't wait to go to the ole miss boards and hear how dirty NU is....

• Mavric changed the title to QB Luke McCaffrey [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic